Well, this may or may not be new, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yomin66

as a Canadian living in Germany and planning on buying an old, used Class-C in a couple of months (parked in Canada permanently, used in the summer months only), this may be, shall we say, unique (or not ;))

In any case, I am also a mechanic by trade, but not an RV mechanic - so I have a lot of questions for my "overseas-project".

In short: The Class-C should be:

up to USD 12,000 or CAN 15,000 expensive,
24 ft. minimum and 27 ft. maximum because it
should sleep 4 comfortably, 6 if it absolutely has to,
be reasonably maintained
and survive my ever longer getting checklist.  :D

I am looking forward to an infomative exchange!!!

Cheers,

yomin66

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to ask those questions and we'll try to get them answered.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Hello and welcome!

If it is going to BE permanently parked wouldn't a trailer give you more bang for the buck/

Jeff Cousins said:
If it is going to BE permanently parked wouldn't a trailer give you more bang for the buck/

Good point, Jeff.

BUT ( :))...

• Having a 7 and 10-year-old with us, the possibility of them being "occupied" with themselves in behind us (playing a board game, cards, singing, whatever...), challenged every now and so often with a "will ya look at that" while sight-seeing in the Rockies through the big panorama windows has its very own charm (tried it twice with a renter). Purely subjective, I know...
  • Everything in the MH is instantly accessible (no stop required).
  • Pulling a reasonalbly-sized FW around, would be the job of a twin-cabin pickup (ext. cab doesn't cut it for the kiddies on long trips), so we're talking duallies, more tires, more brakes, more movable parts. A Class-C is self contained.
  • More insurance and more reg.-fees.

Whether all these points are valid in every case - most certainly not. In my eyes though - they are. So it's gonna be a Class-C.

Cheers from Bochum, Germany,

Volker

Back
Top Bottom