We're finally here !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul & Marie,

Congratulations on the Expedition. I truly wish you many happy miles of RVing.

BTW I assume you have sources for insurance and the RVing equivalent of the RAC (?)

Hi Tom

Ive just had a Progressive quote of $2,200.

The one part of Lazydays we were certainly NOT impressed with was their Insurance Guy. He took us into his office, asked my date of birth and then didnt speak to us again until he handed us an insurance quote for nearly $3,000 - which only covered about half the benefits my quote had.

He wouldnt have known anything about us to be able to perform a proper quote - definately not good service.

Re the RAC - I havent sorted anything yet - any advice would be good.

Paul

$2000 sounds too high.? We pay <$1000/yr for fulltimers insurance.? Shop some more.? Call RV Explorer (888) 774-6778 for another quote.

Paul

I use CoachNet for emergency service. You may even find that your first year subscription is paid for by your coach manufacturer (mine was). There should be something in your owner's package. Or you could just call CoachNet and they can tell you. You'll need the coach number.

Paul,

I have CoachNet as my ERS provider and have called on them on a few occasions for emergency service.  They delivered to my complete satisfaction.

Ciao,

Doug

UK-RV said:
WE DID IT !!

We placed our deposit on the Expedition 37U at Lazydays.

Now all we need to do is sort the Montana LLC and wire the funds from the UK.

I think we achieved a good price of $132,000 off an MSRP of $176,000 (straight 25% discount).

Regards
Paul

Congratulations on the Expedition. Hope we can get to meet you and see the new coach sometime.

Hi Guys

What would coach-net provide different to good sam ERS ?

Thanks
Paul

Zero junk mail is a good start Paul, although that may or may not be an issue for you.

I've used Good Sam in the past and was pleased with the response when I needed help. But, thanks to all the junk mail I've received over the years, I would never use them again.

Paul,

We're still waiting to see photos of the new Expedition.

UK-RV said:
Hi Guys

What would coach-net provide different to good sam ERS ?

Thanks
Paul

Dependable SERVICE from CoachNet.

We had GS ERS until we had to use it once. ?Sat on the side of the road for 6 hours waiting to get towed. ?The water pump on the 93 Bounder went kapoot. ?Once the finally got on the ball a tow truck arrived and it was about 30 minutes to Demontronds in Houston. ?Oh also ran up a $60 bill with the GS ERS calling to check id we really needed a tow company that could handle a 36 FT motorhome. ?Really not a good experience. ?We now use Coachnet which is far superior to the GS ERS. ?Oh sign up for anything from GS or Affinity group and you will be swamped with Junk mail. If we had not taken out a lifetime membership with GS (we did this Before it was sold to affinity) we wouldn't be members at all. ?I do not recommend joining GS. ?FMCA, Escapees, and Passport America are all very good.
IMHO GS very bad.

CoachNet also offers diagnosis for appliances and will arrange for service appointments for whatever problem you may have.  They're much more than just a tow dispatcher.

We have had CoachNet for about 8 years and have used them for problems ranging from a flat tire on the toad to setting up service appointments for engine problems.  I don't believe there is another road service plan that can compare to CoachNet.

Thanks for the coach-net feedback guys - it looks a good option for us.

We've asked Lazydays to source a few items for the Expedition before we hand over the cash.

In order to legally register in the UK,we need :-

1. amber turn-indicators - it has amber at front but red in rear.
2. red high-density fog lamp for rear - US only seem to have white or amber.

Fleetwood have given us the manufacturer for the turn-indicators, but they only sell in bulk. We've asked Fleetwood rep at Lazydays to find a source for just 2 lights (the lenses arent available on their own).

Cheers
Paul

Paul
Wish I could have worked with you.  I work at lazy Days, and since you haven't yet taken delivery, I will at least get a chance to meet you.  Matt will take great care of you.  He is a super nice guy. 

Next time you are in ask for me so I can say hello.  I am Bill Whetstone, my office is on the opposite side of the building from Matt. 

When we meet let me know who the insurance guy was, sorry he wasn't more help. 

Paul,

Check out this place. They may have what you need and their prices are quite competitive. I especially like the sequential amber turn indicators. LED lamps take very little power and should be easily installable by you. They're also sold in quantities of one (1). There are quite a few other distributers for like or similar items; just Google "LED truck lights".

http://www.buytruckstuff.com/ledlights.htm#

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom