Wet Shaving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After being in the military for 14 years now, shaving is a daily chore.  While on a sub, we were allowed to grow out our beards, and boy did we love it.  Now being on a carrier, its everyday.  A quick shave in the shower is good enough for me.  Not a fan of shaving cream

yogey98 said:
After being in the military for 14 years now, shaving is a daily chore.

Ever read the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes?

Holmes determines where the bathroom in Watson's flat is and which side the window is on based on his shave..  Watson was also in the Military you see.

I've used about everything, including mug, brush and straight razor, in the "old days." By the time the Army sent me to the Army Map Service in Japan, in the 60's, I was using a Norelco rechargeable. (Still had the blade stuff for inspection.) The C.O. decided we should all go bivouac and play soldier at the Marine training area at the base of Mt. Fuji for a week (I got to carry an M-60 instead of a pencil). In the mornings, we were told to go down by the creek to shave. So several of us went down and stood by the creek to shave with our electrics buzzing away, while the rest worked away with blades. Sorta fun.

I wore a beard and mustache for many years as a civilian. When I decided to shave it off, after some advice from my lovely now-wife, I just shaved half the face and presented myself that way when she came home. More fun.

I had many straight-blade shaves from local barbers in Korea and Japan PXs and on the economy. It was part of the service, as  far as I recall.

Pierat said:
I had many straight-blade shaves from local barbers in Korea and Japan PXs and on the economy. It was part of the service, as  far as I recall.

It's been 54 years and I still miss those shaves and massages in the barber's chair.  Great way to get a great shave and really relax!

My-O-My, does this thread bring back VIVID memories............ Lackland AFB, 1957, Basic Training, WWII wooden, open bay barracks, double bunks, common latrine with 6 sinks, 6 commodes, and 4 showers for 120 recruits.......... Mornings Wake Up call is a God Like 2 Striper rattling a coke bottle around a GI can......... Given 15 minutes to "fall out" AFTER completing the 4S's, (which are Shower, Shave, Shampoo, and $*^#)........... Shaving is MANDATORY, even only peach fuzz........ Most everyone shaving was using the Ole Screw Type, Flip Top single edge razor with Gillette Blue Blades........... Red Cross standing by for blood transfusions..........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom