What are your travel plans for 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
DH (Eric) and I have decided not to go to Florida next year.
We might go to Florida in 2025 depending on a family member's health.

Now we are thinking about going to Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce. Hope we haven't waited too long to make plans for those areas.

What are your 2024 RV travel plans?

We have two trip planned so far.
Kerrville, Texas and Maryville, Tennessee.
I hope to get more use out of this RV this year than we did last year.

Pensacola - beach, South Carolina - Hunting Island, Mississippi River & Cajun Louisiana, Upstate New York.

This year, we're headed south the end of March, to Waco area to visit daughter and watch the Eclipse, and then work our way from Oklahoma to North Carolina, visiting family.
I'd like to make a trip up to Boothbay Harbor again this year.
We're thinking next Winter in, maybe, Arizona.

Starting off in California.

Thinking Southern Utah in Spring.

Probably visit the Oregon Coast in Summer.

The other half wants to do a bigger trip towards Fall but we haven’t planned that far yet.

Little trips in-between.

What are your 2024 RV travel plans?
IMO, if you know where you're going, and where all your stops will be, then you're probably doing it all wrong.

The best plans are when you have no idea where you will end up. And have no idea when you will head back.

Like my last trip to Southern Texas. I wasn't even thinking about going down there when my trip to Utah started.

-Don- Auburn, CA

If you spend your off travel times looking at you tube videos of rv travelers, you will never come up with a list of prioritized locations to highlight in the coming years. Too many locations and too little time,, For us fuel prices creates the direction and highlights a mythical top ten list of how far west from the east coast we make it this year.

The 3 and 3 travel criteria, 300 miles stopping at 3 pm. will probably be reduced to 2 and 2 this year, driven by visiting kids and grandkids at the top of the list. Of course the kids famiies are driven by the rule that "like fish, house guests and fish smell after three days."

I am fine with that. Sometimes I have a way of shortening their patience and time frame in that area.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
We are on the road for our 2024 trip now. Headed south from Iowa, but got caught in the snow in Osceola! But we will make it to Quartzsite, Lake Havasu (another quilt group!), San Diego with the grandkids, and end up in Texas for the eclipse before heading home in mid April. Still trying to decide between Canada and Colorado/Nevada/Oregon for summer, but we will end up in Redmond, OR for the FMCA convention before heading home from there. Definitely going to California in November for the 75th anniversary of the 49ers Encampment!

Our travel plans in 2024 involve moving from California to Tennessee...
There sure has been a lot of people leaving CA lately. I wonder when we will no longer be the state with the highest population.

I expect that may soon be Texas. But we are still around million people higher for now.

-Don- Auburn, CA

IMO, if you know where you're going, and where all your stops will be, then you're probably doing it all wrong.
-Don- Auburn, CA
Yep, many RVers follow that strategy. Fine for them, and I get why that might appeal to some, but not for us however.

Our extended trips are 4+ months in duration and typically include 20 or more parks along the way, most in areas where we get together with friends and family members. We have confirmed reservations for every day of the trip, from beginning to end well before we take off.

We only stay at public (State, COE, County etc.) parks and only stay at private parks as an absolute last resort. In the past 5 years, we've only had to stay at 3 private parks.

A number of the parks we do visit are quite popular and without advanced reservations it's likely you wouldn't be able to get a spot with short notice as they are reserved well in advance.

This year we'll head out from NY to OH, then SW down to KY, TN, AR, TX, then back along the Gulf Coast and eventually back home from GA.

Our planned 2024 trips:
May-Hocking Hills, OH (reservations made)
June-Northern MI near Mackinaw (making reservations 12-28-23)
Sept-Outer Banks, NC (reservations made)
There will be many more unplanned adventures also. I will be semi retired and working just 2 days per week.

We still have those dreaded "jobs" to deal with so we're basically weekenders. We have 8 long weekends planned/booked so far. Might squeeze in 1 or 2 more. We'll also be taking a full week in July - have not decided where yet but probably no more than about 4 hours from home.

We have 115 day RV trip headed from Michigan in mid-April. We're headed down to San Antonio, Texas. Cross to Arizona ,tombstone, Sedona . Then headed up to Utah. Moab, Bryce canyon, Zion. But also be hitting Yellowstone, Yosemite , Crater lake, Las Vegas and many more. 43 places and all. I accidentally got an extra week in the watchmen campground in June that I would be getting rid of here shortly.

In our case my wife still works full time, though working at a local government job she gets an ample number of vacation days on paper, currently at over 40 vacation days per year, and she gains another 1.5 days per year for every additional year she works. The problem is she has a hard time being away for more than 2-3 weeks at a time due to various fixed date work obligations, for example she can never be away on the first Monday of the month, or due to various projects she has going on (switching to new computer system / new IT support vendor, opening new branch building that is scheduled to be completed next week, switching HR / payrolll providers, etc.) she is not going to be able to take any significant vacation days in 2024 until April, maybe take off on a Friday or Monday to make a long weekend, but even that is doubtful.

We were hoping to get over for the eclipse but we are potentially having to replace the roof on our house and the guy can't start until March at the earliest and maybe a bit later if we get bad weather so it may not be possible.

We tend not to book anything other than recently the Tetons. We are hoping to go this year but aren't booking ahead.

Back
Top Bottom