What do you carry in your rig that you never use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big list.  But none of my tools are on the list.  Seems like every time I leave a tool behind I need it.

8Muddypaws said:
Big list.  But none of my tools are on the list.  Seems like every time I leave a tool behind I need it.

Agree, tools are a problem.  Heavy and as Muddy says, it seems there's always one you need on the road that's at home. 

What I'd love to see is a list of tools that is absolutely minimal that will work for 98% of my needs.  In fact, I'm going to start a new thread on tools. 

After staying in a Park in a 'full hook up' site that really wasn't (the site had a sewer hookup, but was 40 feet from the rig and I had 30 feet of hose), I bought another length of hose.  Used it that one time, stored it away 'just in case' and never needed it again.

Several tools I haven't used, but they are small, and can easily see I could need them.

Lots of spare fuses and bulbs, nuts, bolts, and screws.  An assortment in a small plastic vitamin bottle.  I have used a few, bit not many.

DW has a few pots and pans she has not ever used.  I am smart enough to avoid suggesting she remove them.

An extra box of ammunition.  I don't plan on ever getting into a shootout while camping.  I cannot envision any worst case scenario where I would need to reload.  (DW has used her gun to frighten off a curious and determined bear -- a couple rounds into the dirt next to it.  So we'll keep the firearms).

The 'ten essentials' kit in my daypack I use while hiking.  But I am not removing them.

About a half dozen different recharger cords for the phones, kindles, etc.  Two should be plenty.

Two extra spare inner tubes for the bikes.  Only needed one on any trip.

Way more flashlights and hiking water bottles than we need.

dave54 said:
About a half dozen different recharger cords for the phones, kindles, etc.
Way more flashlights...

Say you have five different devices that all use a different charger connection. The unbreakable rule is that when you're looking for a cord for any one device, it will be the 5th one you pick up.

And you can never have too man flashlights!  ;D

jymbee said:
And you can never have too man flashlights!  ;D

Every time I go to Harbor Freight, I use a coupon and get one of the free blue LED lights. I must have a couple dozen of them. And yet, I can never find one when I need it.

(Although I HAVE learned, when picking one out of the carton at the store, NOT to look directly at it when I turn it on to check it, lest I see a jillion little spots for an hour or so.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom