What do you think are the most important features of a Toy Hauler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ride Everything

Me again...I'm still in the market for that toy hauler and I'd like to find out from some of you, if you were currently in the market for a toy hauler (say, less than 25'), what would be the most important features you'd be looking for.  For me so far, I like the idea of a big bathroom, big kitchen, open area, and a 100 gallon fresh water tank.  It seems like the cargo area really shouldn't be an issue.  I'm asking because as of two weeks ago, I was sold on a unit with a front sleeper, but now, I think having a bigger bathroom and bigger kitchen might be the way to go.  It seems also you're really only going to get about 90% of what you really want, and you will have to make some sacrifices along the way, but I want to make sure I drive away with the most important things. 

What do you think?  After owning yours now, what do you WISH you would have purchased, if anything.

Thanks yet again!

You aren't going to get much of anything "big" in a 25 foot toy hauler. By the time you leave space for the toys, there isn't a whole lot left.  My first suggestion would be to think about  a larger trailer.

I think you are right on about the size issue, though. The smaller haulers I have seen have tiny baths and that's a real pain.  Regardless of the type of RV, try sitting on the commode and standing/turning around in the shower before you buy!

RV Roamer said:
You aren't going to get much of anything "big" in a 25 foot toy hauler. By the time you leave space for the toys, there isn't a whole lot left.  My first suggestion would be to think about  a larger trailer.

I think you are right on about the size issue, though. The smaller haulers I have seen have tiny baths and that's a real pain.  Regardless of the type of RV, try sitting on the commode and standing/turning around in the shower before you buy!

Standing up in the shower is a great suggestion. My wife did that last weekend when we were shopping around and realized she could barely stand up all the way up, and she's only 5'6".  I'm glad she thought of that because I didn't.  Man, there's soooo much to learn.

Ride Everything said:
Standing up in the shower is a great suggestion. My wife did that last weekend when we were shopping around and realized she could barely stand up all the way up, and she's only 5'6". I'm glad she thought of that because I didn't. Man, there's soooo much to learn.

The best thing you can learn is to do is what your wife did.  Try the factilities:  sit the throne with the door closed: stand in the shower with the curtain closed and try to squirm around;  lie on the bed, both of you;  try to manuever in the galley; check out pantry and galley space.  Go to a number of dealer lots and especially RV shows.

My guess is the same as Gary's  -- you are not going to find what you want in a 25' on down toy hauler.

Hey,
    For us we needed water capacity because we do primitive camping.  We very seldom camp in full RV accommadations. We have a KZ Sportsmen Sportster 30p.  thats  a 30 ft camper  with a 14ft garage area & 110 gal fresh water, & a 35 gal fuel station & an outside shower.  We haul 2 quads, Grizzly 660's.
They also have a a 32psd with a 6ft cargo area & the same options for water & fuel etc.  We looked at this camper, it had lot's of room
with slide outs. but the garage was to small for 2 quads.  www.rv.net    Has a lot of forums on KZ industrie campers.
Good Luck
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom