What is is it about Morro Bay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

Here we are in Morro Bay, Ca. Beautiful place with lots & lots of reasons to visit. This week it's because our friend Jamie Floyd is playing in town.
But this is not about that.

This is the third time one of our Atwood LevelLegs has broken in Morro Bay. This time it's the driver side rear. A 15K 13 inch travel Jack. At least this time it broke in the fully retracted position. It's muddy here and despite the name Muddypaws I wasn't looking forward to crawling under the rig to remove the Jack. I've started my search for a replacement and have so far come up with zilch.

I'll be referring to the document I added last year about the machine shop that repairs them.

Honest Tom, I wasn't just using your site as a cloud for my docs.

Here's a link to Jamie's website.

Last edited:
Yup, funny how stuff happens. My question was "what is it about Huntington Beach State Park in South Carolina?" We have stopped for a week or so there for years on our way to Jekyll Island, GA. One year I spotted the trailer in site 2, our favorite site, and the next morning, Christmas Day, I found that I had a flat tire from a nail in a trailer tire. The next year I set up on site 2 and the next morning, Christmas Day, I had a flat tire on the trailer from a screw. Believe it or not this also happened on our third winter trip in a row only it wasn't on Christmas day, but same site 2. Those are the only flat tires on trailers that we have had in over 50 years of towing. Never had a flat out on the road or in other campgrounds.

One year we went to a bluegrass music festival in Maryland. We decided to drive out to a State Park in the area for a day visit. As we were driving something hit our truck windshield and cracked it. We had it replaced after returning home. The next year...same Maryland bluegrass festival and while driving out to the same State Park something hit our windshield again and cracked it....Go figure.

Usually our luck is pretty good. But getting our rig out of storage this time I noticed that the driver side windshield has about a three foot crack. That's it! Just the drivers side is cursed!

I'm thinking it might be time to downsize to a towable. Less stuff to break.

I was able to force retract the remaining three jacks when we moved from Morro to Avila Beach. I've been carrying 40+ of those yellow stacker blocks for many years. I used all but a handful of them to get is almost level. The entire leveling system is locked out. I can't even move one Jack at a time.

We're at Flying Flags, a new park overlooking the Avila Beach harbor. Nice view but not cheap.

We've been into Morro Bay by boat several times, both on our boat and crewing for friends. Here's one memorable experience:

I always found Morro Bay a bit run down and dumpy for the Ca coast. Not saying that's bad or good. Just always seemed out of character for California coast.

What's it like these days. I remember lots of broken boats.

Beach towns in general look a little run down to me. That's part of their 'charm'.

Morro Bay has changed quite a bit since we started coming here. Lots of new construction and renovations. The Embarcadero is much nicer than it used to be.

Lipstick on a pig looks nice as well. SF is a crime infested cesspool if there ever was.
:confused: I don't understand what SF has to do with this thread; Morro Bay is 240 miles from the Golden Gate bridge.

I think udidwht was just referencing SF as another Ca beach town, or in this case city(run down/dumpy).
Scott,Orlando

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom