what is the best club to join ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

I have just retired, purchased a 5 er and plan on doing quite a bit of traveling ( unless chevron profits continue to climb !! )  I'm wondering what clubs offer the best discounts  ?

I plan on traveling across the country this summer as my son works in Boston and then on to Florida then back to sunny Calif. ( home )

any suggestions ???  where can I find some info ??

Fred

We like Passport America for campground discounts.  Campgrounds agree to 50% off rates (some will charge extra for 50 AMP or will meter electricity.  Also some parks limit to 1-2 nights or black out certain times of the year).  I believe it is around $40-45 dollars a year to join but you will get that back after a few nights using it.  Go to www.passportamerica.com to check them out.  When I find a campground I might be interested in in PA, I check Trailer Life to get rating, size of lots, etc.

Good Sam Club gives a 10% on RV Parks that are associated with them.  They also have a good road side service plan which I have only used once.  They also have a good mail forwarding service that we have used for about 4-5 years and have been very happy with called American Home Base.

KOA gives 10% off their affiliate campgrounds when you join.  We do stay at KOA's but I find them generally more geared toward families and more expensive.

Some like Escapees but I have not joined them.

You may want to join Flying J - I don't think it costs anything and you get a small discount on gas when you fuel there.

Hope this helps.

Where in Florida are you planning on going and when?

D2

wally12 said:
I have just retired, purchased a 5 er and plan on doing quite a bit of traveling ( unless chevron profits continue to climb !! )? I'm wondering what clubs offer the best discounts? ?

I plan on traveling across the country this summer as my son works in Boston and then on to Florida then back to sunny Calif. ( home )

any suggestions ???? ?where can I find some info ??

Fred

I highly recommend the Escapees club and Passport America.  On the other hand I also strongly recommend against Good Sam (Junk Mail Generators)and KOA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom