What is this small part and where could it go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

merlinmurph

I found this o-ring and this other piece under my water pump while getting my TT ready for the season. I'd sure like to put them back where they belong.

Here's the back story.
When I winterize and am purging the water lines, I disconnect the line going into the water pump to get the water out of there. I also remove the screen and get the water out of there. Then I reconnect. The pump is just inside where the exterior water service panel is which also contains the outside shower. Inside the trailer, I remove the hoses to the shower to drain them, then reconnect (I had the shower piece crack one year, presumably because I didn't do this step. Live and learn.)

So, I go back there today and find the plastic piece and the o-ring. Ugh.

The plastic piece appears to be a check valve or backflow preventer. There is a spring-loaded piece inside that allows the water to flow only in one direction. OK good, but where would this go?

I disconnected the pieces again trying to where this piece would fit in and found nothing.
Would it go on the pump outlet?
Any idea?

Thanks,
Murph

PXL_20240501_174226863 (Custom).jpgPXL_20240501_174208663.MP (Custom).jpgPXL_20240501_174159520 (Custom).jpg

Well, I am sure you will hear from someone that knows exactly, but I would look at the connection for the output side of the pump. The check valve, I believe, should allow water from the pump output to flow into the plumbing, and prevent backflow from the plumbing in the RV back into the water supply.
So, the checkvalve probably goes on the output end of the pump to the RV water lines

I'll swing by the trailer and get the pump model. I think it's a Sur-Flow(?), something like that. I looked at the doc that has a parts diagram and I didn't see a check valve.

Anyways, as I was going to sleep last night, I was thinking of all the potential places it could go and the pump outlet made the most sense. The dreams we older guys have........

Thanks.

Shurflo 4008 RV Revolution by-pass pump

I just slipped the check valve into the pump outlet and it slides in nicely. I won't be able to test it until I put water into the tank - might be a few weeks.

As for that extra o-ring....not sure.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t test it until you find where that O-ring goes. It either has to go in the bore before the check valve or on the end where the pipe makes up. You need to figuir this out. Use a mirror with a flashlight to look in the bore.
Or could it go inside the valve as a seat for the poppet

Last edited:
I just remembered I have a spare water pump in the trailer. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure out these parts using that.

1714747687354.png I do believe that the round item to the left looks pretty much the same as the white item in the picture.
I won't be able to test it until I put water into the tank - might be a few weeks.
While I suspect that it belongs in the outlet connection, I'd bet that you will find where it should be if you watch that area when you turn on the pump with water in the tank.

Nothing of value with the spare pump, no check valve.

A member in the Keystone forum suggested that maybe - maybe - the check valve belongs in the city water connection. Here is his explanation:

On mine, the pump has an internal backflow that you cannot access unless you disassemble the pump. The city water connection has a backflow valve so that when the pump is running, the water doesn't go shooting out the side of the camper. I would check the city water connection plumbing.

I don’t believe This item has anything to do with with the outside water hook up. That connection does have a check valve but it’s intergrated right in the hose connection. I could be wrong.

I don’t believe This item has anything to do with with the outside water hook up. That connection does have a check valve but it’s intergrated right in the hose connection. I could be wrong.

I don't see anything obvious that would be a check valve in that line, but I'll take a better look tomorrow.

Thanks.

View attachment 172799 I do believe that the round item to the left looks pretty much the same as the white item in the picture.

While I suspect that it belongs in the outlet connection, I'd bet that you will find where it should be if you watch that area when you turn on the pump with water in the tank.

Hey Kirk, I think you may be right. I found a post on yet another forum that describes his repair and it sounds like it - except for one thing. I have no idea how that part could have found its way outside the pump onto my floor. It would have had to wiggle its way to the output of the pump.

Anyways, check valve part 94-800-03 does not look like the part I found on the floor....

This is 94-800-03

1714829544275.png

Open this link and pan down the page as it appears to fit a Coffee maker you may have cleaned and forgotten that part see link: Click Here Also do you own or have had a "Bunn Trifecta Coffee Brewer"? Make sure to pan down the page once opened.
Bunn-Trifecta-Repair-Rebuild-Valves-Sweet-Marias-17.jpg

I copied and pasted your picture to GOOGLE and uploaded the image of your photo to I.D. the part. So thanks for the clean photo.

Last edited:
That is too funny! Thx for going thru that exercise.
This area by the water pump is nowhere near where a coffee maker would be.
But, I will check our coffee maker.....
Thx, though.
Murph

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom