What is/was your best RVing pet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirk

We have had pets that traveled in the RV with us for every RV that we owned. Thinking back, I believe that or our family pets only 1 dog, several hamsters, and a guinea pig that didn't travel with us. Our last dog came to live with us in a full-time RV when she was only 6 weeks old and traveled with us full-time for 11 years and lived to be 16 & 3 months. She loved to travel or to ride in/on anything that moved.

Muffy-Avalon.jpg

Maggie, our 2nd Yorkie, has been with us since 8 wks old. She loves to travel, car, truck, RV does not matter. The lab is my Daughter's and they just love each other.
maggie.jpg

Max was a Lab/Flat coat mix. He loved running and swimming. Hook him to my bicycle and he would pull me sometimes up to 22MPH. He actually taught 2 other dogs how to swim.

IMG_2455 2.JPGIMG_0424.jpg

Bailey my lab. Best dog ever. Wouldn't even let my cousin in to get the peanut butter when we were camping, but then maybe he wanted it for himself.

Added Gracie the Corgi before Bailey passed over the proverbial rainbow bridge. She's now almost 3, and just added Annie, a Fox Red lab because I missed a lab so much. We'll see how Annie travels. So far not much bothers her and hope it stays that way.

Love the pictures.

I'm sure many people have fun pics!

Travel pets:

Which dog invented the sad puppy eyes that melts our hearts?

Which dog invented the guilty look when caught being guilty? hahaha

Last edited:
Our cat Minou was the best traveling cat we ever had. Calm, cuddly, nothing bothered her. She was very happy sitting on her cat tower and looking out at the world. The second best was Lily. She was a bit more easily spooked, and much more demanding. Both of them loved their cat carriers, and would routinely take their naps there. The black one is Minou, and the calico is Lily.

Attachments

• 9D579CE2-8488-48AF-988D-E2FE93C6DC21.jpeg
    9D579CE2-8488-48AF-988D-E2FE93C6DC21.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 0B04F183-2C4E-4FC8-8219-5C15592F09DD.jpeg
    0B04F183-2C4E-4FC8-8219-5C15592F09DD.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1
My dog, MJ, was a 3-time rescue. He's a great traveler, and he loves to welcome the neighbors when they come to call.

20210702_175349.jpg

Brit was our RV dog for 12 of her 13 1/2 years. She had a bit of an "attitude" around other dogs, but she was a great traveler and loved to go camping with us. I think our black Lab would be, but he's a puker. We can't hardly get 20 miles down the road before he pukes all over my truck. Dramamine helps him, but he is out of it for the day. Maybe he'll get over it. I hope so because we plan on doing a lot more traveling soon. Anyway, I hope Brit is enjoying it all in doggie Heaven.

1640581315174.jpeg

We credit our Standard Schnauzer "Tug" for us becoming RV owners. We were going to rent RVs for the first few years but had difficulty finding an outfit that would permit a puppy. My DW built a platform next to her seat so he can rest his giant nose out the window while we drive.

Attachments

• TugRV.jpg
    TugRV.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 6
We have two cats that love to go camping. They sit around in a campground with us, and they very quickly learn to recognize and respect the boundaries of each new site.

One of them insists on having her own camp chair. If we don't put it out, she'll jump i.to one of ours as soon as one of us gets up. The other one prefers lounging on the roof of the truck.

sZb4810_IMG_2068_L.jpg

Both of them are very well behaved. When I tell them to GO HOME, one immediately goes up the steps. The other one likes to tease me. Instead of going to the steps, she runs around to the other side of the 5er, She refuses to come back until I walk around to get her. As soon as I get there, she darts back under the 5er, and by the time I walk around again, she's sitting on the top step looking smug.

Q: Whats the difference between a cat and a dog?
A: When A dog needs to pee, it scratches at the door to go out. When a cat needs to pee, it scratches at the door to go in. We don't bring their litter box outside for them.

Joel

I travel and camp with a 15y/o+ dog and a 7 y/o ferret. Both old ladies - but lots of fun and wonderful companions. And yes the ferret goes out for walkies on a leash.Butternut & Maggie 640X480.jpg

Lulu our chocolate toy poodle was a great traveling companion, she was all over the map starting out but soon settled down. She always let us know when it was time to pull over. Millie, my Shih Tzu/Maltese wants to be with me but doesn't like riding in the truck.

My wife was the secretary of a Home Owners Association. One day there was a knock on our door. My wife opened the door and a neighbor, who was a PITA, held up a tiny kitten. He said, "What are you going to do about this, it was howling at our bedroom window all night!" My wife said, "Give me that cat." She took the cat, said goodbye and closed the door. We named that little black and white cat "Blackjack" and it traveled all over this nation with us in a truck with an Alaskan Camper, then a TT, then a bigger TT...for 23 years! Lots of stories about that cat. We also had a Black Lab, my duck hunting dog and our pet. Blackjack and Tex (the lab) were best friends. We had Tex for 15 years...which was our favorite...???

Petey is our ~16lb terrier mix (mostly Cairn, and perhaps some Schnauzer). We adopted him when he was ~3 and he's now 13. I thought he would warm up to riding in a car, but no. He's terrified of being in a car. He's also terrified of being left alone. Some types of trauma you just have to live with. I understand. So we adapted. Eventually we bought an RV. Although nervous, he caught on to the idea that if we bring the house with us too, things are probably going to be OK. He's been a great traveler, even though he needs to be attached at my hip, we make it work, and I love having him alongside with us.

Back
Top Bottom