Whats in your tool bag???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the idea of using 3 tool boxes for RVing.  One is for electrical problems, one is for plumbing problems, and one is for general mechanical problems.  Between these, just about any problem can be fixed.  Special items like duct tape, Teflon tape, electrical tape, spray lubricants, bailing wire, bungee cords, zip ties, a bit of rope and chain, etc. are all very useful items to have.  Let experience be your guide.  Prepare as best you can and then make a list of the things that you needed but didn't have.  Friendly neighbors at camp sites are also good sources for such things and you'll quickly discover that you can use what they have in exchange for what they need and you have.  :)

Ed

Had most of my tools, thought I had covered all my bases. Of course when the plastic water fitting, I had neither a fitting, PEX crimps or crimper. Take it from me, the tool you will need is the one you left in the garage.

RoyM said:
Had most of my tools, thought I had covered all my bases. Of course when the plastic water fitting, I had neither a fitting, PEX crimps or crimper. Take it from me, the tool you will need is the one you left in the garage.

As basic as super glue, duck tape and bailing wire.  Good one!!

Joezeppy said:
If it's not mentioned in the library, make sure you have square drive (Robertson) screwdrivers or bits - #1 and #2. Can't speak for the MH world but in the TT world, square drive seems to be the norm. Something the Canadians came up with and Americans have been slow to adopt but the RV world loves 'em (and so do I!).
Apparently the reason is that Phillips licensed his screw head design.  Robertson, a Canadian, wanted to manufacture the screw driver himself.  Ah, some more details from Wiki if you can trust it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_screwdriver#Robertson.

I also had no idea that the handles were colour coded.  Duhhh.

Bunch of stuff, but figure one of these days the "one I didn't bring" will be missing.....

Bring comfortable clothing, a crock pot, tool box, an air card for internet access, a few games, reading material, flash light & batteries, camera, a smile and a laid back attitude.  RV roadside assistance such as Coach Net or Good Sam's is always a good idea too.  Microsoft Streets & Trips is a great tool for planning and a GPS is a great help too.  A stack of DVD movies can't hurt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVMan78
Back
Top Bottom