What's the best pillow for sleeping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have two adjustable beds; head and foot adjusts up and down. We have two so each of us can adjust their bed the way we want. We both sleep with the head inclined. There’s no pressure on the neck or head and your spine is not put out of place.

I have My Pillow pillows and am quite pleased with them, but you can get excellent pillows at Target stores if you buy in the same price range. I like the My Pillow a bit more because it is washable and fluffs up like new again (for a few weeks, anyway).

Everyone is different.

I prefer a pillow that does not flatten out completely when I lay on it. I find that if I pinch the pillow together with an index finger poked into the top and an index finger poked into the bottom, my fingers not meet. I also have two pillows. One sleeps "cooler" than the other. I switch between them, sometimes all night long. Both my current pillows came from Sam's Club. I date my pillows on their original pillow case so I know when to replace them. You do know they don't last forever? One to two years. Replace your pillows every one to two years. Look it up. I generally replace my pillows every three years but I also put mine in hypoallergenic covers. Also I tend to buy a denser pillow (not fluffier or thicker in height but denser material).

My husband liked a flat pillow. They were replaced every year or sooner.

My 70yo aunt had MyPillows and even bought one of their mattress covers. She loved them and slept on them for several years before she passed away. She had MS and other health issues, so she slept a lot. More than worth the money to her.

I just buy a cheap Walmart pillow and go get a new one every few months when the current one wears out.

Isn't the MyPillow just chunks of cut up foam? If so it'd be much cheaper to make your own.

We have beauty rest ones and I like them.

We have been using the MyPillows for years, even bought the mattress cover. We like them a lot, and I went from feather pillows only to these. Had tried foam before, never liked them, so tried these with a little attitude. Love them, but pillows etc are very personal choices. As to the return issue, of course they wouldnt fit in the box, they come in a vacuum pouch!

I've always had trouble finding a comfortable pillow. They're either so fluffy that your head just sinks in with little support, or they're too firm and uncomfortable. Just like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. My current solution is two thin pillows shoved into one pillowcase, which works pretty well but is a bit of a pain at laundry time.

I prefer the fine down pillows in a firm package. The one I have has an inside pillow inside the pillow. This helps keep its form and the down from bunching up.

... My current solution is two thin pillows shoved into one pillowcase, which works pretty well but is a bit of a pain at laundry time.
Buy a zippered pillow cover. You can get them at most dept stores in the bedding dept where they have the mattress covers. Just treat the two pillow like a duvet and the pillow cover like a duvet cover. Then you have "one" pillow to put into your regular pillow case. Make sure you get a zippered pillow cover that is washable.

I buy this one: Mainstays Waterproof and Anti-Allergen Pillow Protector, Standard/Queen - Walmart.com

I also use them for my winter clothes, towels, sheets, blankets, any that I store for more than a fortnight. It keeps the fine desert dust from infiltrating my clean clothes. Otherwise I end up washing stuff that was never used.

I use one of these for years and with the two sides I can go from a low to higher side depending on the night.

Back
Top Bottom