Where on the Route are the Dick's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary,

We have every intention on being there before the 10th so I hope we can at least get to say hi in person. If not, we will have to arrange a meeting in FL once we return in 2013!

Well, it appears that someone does not want us to make it to Yellowstone! After leaving Cruising America RV Service in Celina, OH on Wednesday afternoon, we continued on our voyage. Everything was going fine until we passed Lincoln, NE. We were traveling around 60mph on I80 when suddenly the coach slowed to around 50mph. Not long after it dropped to 40mph and started to buck at times. I knew we needed to pull over, hoping it was just the high temps which caused both the engine and transmission to increase over their normal operating range.

Finally, after idling for a few minutes to see if the temps would come down, the engine quit. Could not be restarted. Called CoachNet who located a tow vehicle to take us back to the Lincoln Freightliner facility. Luckily, we were just coming upon a truck parking area which made the tow hookup much safer for the tow company. We could not run the genset since we were in the building and all of their 20amp circuits were on GFI circuits. Finally found one in the service office that we could hook up the refer. I'm sure it would have run on the inverter overnight but then there was no way to charge the batteries.

They diagnosed a faulty fuel pump and a crack in the exhaust manifold. Can't get the pump until Monday. I also need a new muffler as the output end was rusted and the pipe came off. What a mess it makes on the front of the toad!

So here we sit in a motel room waiting for parts and repair. We called Bill to let him know and he was very understanding. I just hope we can get on the road in 3 or 4 days!

This is the second time we've had problems heading to Yellowstone. I just hope it's the last on this trip!

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 40
Ouch, here's hoping you get on the road quickly next week.

Bummer! Sorry to hear that Jim. Anything to be done about the cracked exhaust manifold?

Jim,

You really have no luck at all on this trip do you?  Let's hope the Motel  is airconditioned!

Betty

Jim, tomorrow or Monday, take a whole day and drive back to the Henry Doorly Zoo, www.omahazoo.com. It is amazing and it will be a long but rewarding day. It will take your mind off the clock in a very enjoyable way.

Bob Maxwell said:
Jim, tomorrow or Monday, take a whole day and drive back to the Henry Doorly Zoo, www.omahazoo.com. It is amazing and it will be a long but rewarding day.

Jim,
I agree with Bob.  If you can  visit this zoo, it will not disappoint.  On the other hand it is not Yellowstone!

Betty

Sorry to hear that the bad luck lightning got you again.

The next time we're together,  remind me to wear my tinfoil hat for protection (see the thread on ethanol in gas).

Hope this gets fixed soon and the rest of the trip is smooth and easy!

Don and MA

Betty Brewer said:
Jim,

You really have no luck at all on this trip do you?  Let's hope the Motel  is airconditioned!

Betty

Betty,

This is two years in a row!!! I agree, bad luck sure does seem to be the order of the day.

Bob,

I saw the billboard for the zoo on the way through Omaha. May have to do that.

Jim, they'll probably start the repairs Monday when they get the fuel pump. Not sure what they will do with the exhaust manifold leak but it didn't seem to be a major problem. May or may not get the muffler done. I can do that in Yellowstone but it sure will make the toad look ugly!

Gary, stick with me. I will have the bad luck and you will be golden. ;D

Don, I'll be looking forward to seeing the tin hat.  ;D ;D

Jim,
You got to stop this, your making me cry! I can feel the pain ($$).

Hope this is the last of the "luck" for sure!

ken

Sorry to hear about the new problem. What a pain. Is Yellowstone a jinx? Maybe you should try some place different next year? How about wintering in Death Valley?

Wendy

One more for the Zoo, guys!  It's really extraordinary.

So sorry you had to suffer ($$$) another delay.  Hang in there!  Yellowstone will be your reward ... again.  ;D

Margi

Ken,

We're trying! The pain does hurt but it still is a rewarding experience.

Wendy,

It might be but what a beautiful jinx. Maybe the Everglades!

Glen,

I hope we don't miss meeting you but it will be close. :-(

Margi,

As we always say, another fulltimng adventure! :)

I guess we'll  have to check into the zoo. Not really keen on going back to Omaha with all the traffic. :)

Bob,

My thoughts exactly.  :) We're getting ready to leave now. Just finished breakfast at the motel. The Manager has to be the friendliest one I've ever met. We told him many of our adventures and mis-adventures and he couldn't stop laughing.  ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom