which generator should i get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmoturtleco

??? i am looking for a generator that is not powerd by gas i want it to run off an extra battery.  would like i to handle around 1500 watts .  please help if you know of one ???

If you need to generate 110V ac power from a battery, you need an inverter. Since the battery will only power the inverter for a finite amount of time, you'll need some way to recharge the battery. An inverter/charger, such as some of the Xantrex models can perform both of these functions.

The battery will need to be a deep cycle one with sufficient capacity. Often, this means more than one battery. You'll also need adequately sized wires and space to mount/store all this stuff.

Where are you planning to use the system and how long will you need to be consuming 1500 watts?

Tell us more about your intended use and we might have a better solution for you.

i am going to be camping in a van and tent may not need all power at once. i need it since i tend to overload things.  may be wiring to extra battery in engine with extra alternator of course

What will you be running off the inverter? There are smaller/cheaper inverters that might do what you need.

You could buy a small inverter that would run those things.

Before we got the solar panels, we bought a small inverter at Wal-Mart for $79 (I think). Worked great for watching TV, lights, computer, small stuff.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom