Which way to tow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny you should ask, one of my wife's uncles tried to sell me his old 1982 CJ-7 (I think) Friday night, he is asking $5,000 for it, he is getting to the age where he does not drive much anymore and has 2-3 vehicles.

We just bought an Odyssey…needed to for the wheelchair lift for Mom…what brand and model tow dolly do you have…shopping around and it’s a little confusing.
I think any of the top brands is a good choice, i.e. Master Tow, Stehl, or Demco (Kar Kaddy). I'm not saying the others are no good, but the top brands are well built and well-equipped. Get a model that is equipped with brakes (surge or electric). The Odyssey is wide and heavy, so you need the max available width between the dolly wheels and rated for a near-5000 lb vehicle.

Have you priced used Wranglers lately? A whole lot more than several thousand dollars.
Last year... that's why I drive a Cherokee Latitude.. Way cheaper.
(I trually wanted a "Wrangler" style but hey.. It's a jeep.. Now my Cherokee can not be towed. but hey. I don't have a motor home any more)

We towed our 2004 Honda CR V for 7 years without a problem. I purchased most of the towing parts on eBay. tow bar, Brake Buddy, and cables. Saved quite a bit of money, and sold all the tow parts again when we sold our coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom