Whine - CB chicken and dumplings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayflight

Okay, all thread drift is allowed, since there is no dedicated topic and it takes no real mind to post here. I won't whine if you tell us that your false teeth fell in the toliet and you need some suggestions on how to retrieve them.

But I will start by whining. When I eat at Cracker Barrel and order chicken and dumplings, there is never enough chicken in my bowel. Thats been bugging me for a long time. Of course on the good side of it, I have no worries about getting burned from the luke warm temps when its delivered like drinking coffee from Mickey Dees. Next?

Okay, all thread drift is allowed, since there is no dedicated topic and it takes no real mind to post here. I won't whine if you tell us that your false teeth fell in the toliet and you need some suggestions on how to retrieve them.

But I will start by whining. When I eat at Cracker Barrel and order chicken and dumplings, there is never enough chicken in my bowel. Thats been bugging me for a long time. Of course on the good side of it, I have no worries about getting burned from the luke warm temps when its delivered like drinking coffee from Mickey Dees. Next?
Try asking for a double order or extra chicken. If you order to go, you can zap it in your microwave to make it as hot as you want.

This Brings up the question......What came first???? The Chicken or the Dumplings

Great! A thread with no topic! Welcome to Twitter, instagram and facebook.

OK gripes - I don't post on FB, haven't for years but I do troll some of my young(er) nephews and nieces. FB is a digital landfill. 99.9% of people are just cross posting crap from someone else's feed.

Maybe I just don't have any interesting family or friends - LOL...

I've never had the Chicken and Dumplings at Cracker Barrel.
We usually go there for Breakfast.
And, I tend to avoid dishes where the food sits in a steam table all day.
CB doesn't pay all that well, and I don't trust minimum wage workers to be properly trained to follow recommended food handling protocols.

I don't trust minimum wage workers to be properly trained to follow recommended food handling protocols.
I'm guessing you grow your own food and never go to the grocery store then.

Did ya ever watch grocery store workers moving produce around?

It takes a strong stomach.

But the CB Sunday Homestyle Chicken is excellent, at least at our local CB, as are the corn, green beans, carrots, fried apples and more.

Great! A thread with no topic! Welcome to Twitter, instagram and facebook.

OK gripes - I don't post on FB, haven't for years but I do troll some of my young(er) nephews and nieces. FB is a digital landfill. 99.9% of people are just cross posting crap from someone else's feed.

Maybe I just don't have any interesting family or friends - LOL...
Looks like that changed, maybe the fairy god mother did it, or possibly :alien: swooped in for a visit.:eek:
Now on topic, i guess, anyone had a KFC pot pie that has a full crust on top, but only half of the tin has product in it?

Looks like that changed, maybe the fairy god mother did it, or possibly :alien: swooped in for a visit.:eek:
Now on topic, i guess, anyone had a KFC pot pie that has a full crust on top, but only half of the tin has product in it?
Forum fairy scr3wed me - LOL..

"Great. An entire thread on Cracker Barrel C&D."

Who knew there would be so much passion around one restaurant and one dish at that restaurant from an RVers community?

I've never had the C&B at Cracker Barrel apparently I am missing something good. I mean despite the complaints on lack of chicken a lot of folks are eating it - LOL...

There is one 30 minutes from me. I am gonna be in that area next week and I think I am gonna stop in, have some C&B and report back...

There is one 30 minutes from me. I am gonna be in that area next week and I think I am gonna stop in, have some C&B and report back...

They offer two choices of bread, corn bread and biscuits. Order their biscuits and lather them up with the butter and jam. If all else fails, soak up the leftover juice. The biscuits are the plus side of any meal there.

Treat @DonTom to it! Hahahhaha He won't be impressed. Trust me.
I have never been to a CB, I don't think I have ever even heard of the place before. There are none in the Reno area, but I just checked on the web to discover there is one in Rocklin, CA which is not far from my Auburn, CA house.

The question is, should I try it?

-Don- Jennings, FL (Welcome center rest stop)

Back
Top Bottom