Who builds it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joereese2

Been thinking of purchasing a new smaller toy hauler and found one with the layout I like at Wildcat RV in Ky.  It's a Wildkat Extreme 24QB, I know it's kind of an off name brand I'm assuming made specifically for that dealer. The salesman sais it's built in (You guessed it) Indiana and it is aluminum framed , it is light so I'm guessing that may be true. Does anyone have any info on these , I've researched and can't find any hard specs or the name of the parent company. 

Wildcat is a Forest River beand.  Are you positive its not a Wildcat?

I guess your best bet might be to ask Wildcat RV Sales. The "Wildkat" brand may well be a private labeled model from one of the major manufacturers. They remind me of some Jayco models...

The only places that seems to have that brand is Best Camper Sales in Michigan and Wildcat (not Kat) RV in Kentucky.

Trying to read the name in the photos, it says Wildkat by Sunset Park RV, but I didn't find any Wildkat listed at the Sunset Park web site either. Also says sunsettrailers.com on the back of the rig.

Attachments

• wildkat.jpg
    wildkat.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 27
Gary RV_Wizard said:
The only places that seems to have that brand is Best Camper Sales in Michigan and Wildcat (not Kat) RV in Kentucky.

Trying to read the name in the photos, it says Wildkat by Sunset Park RV, but I didn't find any Wildkat listed at the Sunset Park web site either. Also says sunsettrailers.com on the back of the rig.

Sunsettrailers.com is Sunset Park RV's domain name. I do notice that some of their models look very similar to the Wildkat branded trailers also. Sunset also has a "24QB" model in their RUSH toyhauler line.

Looks pretty cheezy according to the pictures on RVT website.  I would venture a guess it is some off brand junk typically sold by gypsies, or more commonly called scammers.  Designed to last about as long as it takes to get out of the lot.  For about those prices you could buy a name brand with a mfg warranty.

More likely just one of the smaller, regional RV makers. There are more than a few of them, with brand names that aren't widely known.  It's not hard to get into the trailer building business - all the major parts are off the shelf and the rest can be done in most any large building with common power tools and materials.

You guys are right , it's a Sunsetter Rush 24QB , now my next question is are they junk? I think the salesmen already lied when he said aluminum sidewall and roof structure,  doesn't say that on their website but otherwise seems legit ? Thoughts ? Thanks by the way

Structure usually refers to the framing inside the walls and roof. The cheapest trailers still use wood, but many are now aluminum or steel.  The skin of that trailer is also corrugated metal panels.

The info on the Sunset Trailer site describes the Rush toyhauler as having 2x2 framing, but it doesn't say wood or metal.  2x2 sounds more like wood to me.  Also, they specifically state "steel" for some other items, so I'm guessing they would have claimed "steel" or "aluminum" if it was.

http://sunsettrailers.com/rush-toy-haulers/

I'm thinking Sunset is a legit builder with a decent product , of course I can't find ALOT of reviews about them, I like the layout and the weight of that 24QB so I may wind up being my own guinea pig  :eek:

Sunset Park RV has been around for about 10 years, so they're not exactly newbies to the industry. Obviously they don't have the market clout that the big guys like the Forest River and Thor brands do, so it's not surprising we don't hear a lot about them.

We have a Sun-Lite by Sunset Park. After many tours of travel trailer brands, we decided we liked the quality of the product and chose one. I believe they are a smaller company and you may have to really hunt to find a particular trailer. So far, we are happy with ours. Our choice was important to us being lightweight and still having dual axels. Like any rv you buy, there will always be things you find along the way that aren?t absolutely ?perfect?. We knew this and our expectations included this. We did contact the customer service once so far on an issue, and the service was excellent. Very quick response and resolution from them! We were pleased at this. We may need to reach out to them for another inquiry, but we are confident they will be as responsive as before.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom