Who is getting richer and richer these days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably quite a few at the moment. Markets have been pretty good. We have noticed our retirement funds are growing faster this year than we are taking out of them. For a year or two that was not the case. Maybe we should give ourselves a raise. 😂

Probably quite a few at the moment. Markets have been pretty good. We have noticed our retirement funds are growing faster this year than we are taking out of them. For a year or two that was not the case. Maybe we should give ourselves a raise. 😂
you bet, in 2016 i bought 450 oz of gold bars as an investment, current price indicates a 219% gain.

you bet, in 2016 i bought 450 oz of gold bars as an investment, current price indicates a 219% gain.
Subtract the inflation rate since 2016 of 29.3%, but that is still a nice profit.

Gold price is $2,329.20 oz at the time of this post.

You have just over a million bucks in gold there.

I assume you have it in SDBs or you would not be bragging about it here.

I also have some gold (and silver), but nothing near a million bucks worth. I have had at least some of mine much longer, so I have even a larger gain than that 219%, but I am not counting inflation because it's all from several different years.

Many of mine are in $20.00 St. Gauden's Gold, which also have some numismatic value. Most graded & in PCGS holders.

BTW, I made a larger profit than I thought. I never checked the value for many years until just now.

-Don- Reno, NV

As long as we can make ends meet, I'm a happy camper..
With a million dollar windfall, I'd just get myself into some kind of trouble.... :devilish:

how about the goal of one for each week of the year ?
More than one for every day of the week is more than enough. Unless I buy another house with a large garage to keep them.

If I had billions of dollars, or only just millions, then what would I do? Buy motorcycle shops? Too much work to even think about for me, I have been retired for ten years.

Glad not to have big money. Very comfy as is, being able to buy all the toys I want & then some as it is. Don't want much. I can somehow be happy with only my two houses, 11 motorcycles, two motorhomes, and a couple of EV cars and an old junky pickup truck that I almost never use. :)

-Don- Reno, NV

As long as we can make ends meet, I'm a happy camper..
With a million dollar windfall, I'd just get myself into some kind of trouble.... :devilish:

Exactly. You will spend it on things you really don't need and then be in the same situation as when you started.

"

Who is getting richer and richer these days?"​

Well, it sure isn't me. I retired 2 years ago and my income level took a nose dive. Every now and then I'll buy a lottery ticket, but that doesn't seem to to work either. I can't fathom it that a 12 pack of 12 ounce Coca Cola can is now at $10. !!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! Nope, my finances are going the other direction! Ugg!!!!

Define rich.
IMO, having more money than one knows what to do with.

IMO, many of us are rich.

However, according to Schwab’s 2023 Modern Wealth Survey, its seventh annual, Americans said it takes an average net worth of $2.2 million to qualify a person as being wealthy.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom