Why full time soloing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I have it both ways. We've spent days on a boat together (she is an expert sailor and crewperson)/skipper) but certain activities are not her thing.

I bought her tickets to F1 (in Malaysia when we lived in Singapore) and she came along with me and my buddies. My wife is really good at "being one of the guys" and all the guys get along with her.

The next year I asked her if she wanted to go and she said, "No thanks. F1 is really a boys thing. It costs a lot and I don't have as much fun as you boys. I am gonna go to Saigon with a couple of girlfriends that weekend."

She knows that the boys might end up in girlie bars and the boys know the girls will go clubbing. We are totally cool with that. If you can't trust the person authorized to pull your life support plug not to fool around then you probably shouldn't be married.

I think it's healthy for us to pursue separate interests when they are separate and the same interests where they overlap.

Depends on where you live also if HOA is going to be benefit. Depends on the HOA. Where I live the HOA is only made up of the actual people who live there, it has nothing to do with any city or govt. Most around here are to keep the "hood" from becoming a ghetto or trashy, to keep the yards nice, the noise down, the streets clean etc. It is not about controlling. Up front, if you want a trashy yard or other ghetto amenities then you already know not to buy here.
There are some new neighbors here who think that leaving all 7 of their ghetto trash cans on the street all week is appropiate. They have not been confronted yet; they need to be asked to follow the rules about their garbage-lifestyle aesthetic they are going for....
Where I used to live the messy people descended, weeds grew, trash blew around the streets, houses crumbled, went unpainted, broken down cars collected in the driveways and streets, more weeds, the flowers vanished, grass uncut, the pool closed, playground taken over by drug dealers, and worse and worse. No HOA there.
I imagine in other areas around the country there is no need for an HOA, people are just better kept...

We are full timing and will be for about a year +. When thinking about selling our house we decided to decouple the sale from buying the next one to reduce stress. Given we sold in a sellers market, putting off buying till the market cools seems sensible.

In the meantime we are having an adventure.
Hi Rob and Deryl, we are in the process of selling our house, we are having the same thoughts why re buy now when we could wait till the tied changes in our favour, we haven't bought our RV yet not sure if a class B or c would be better, we also plan for a year plus at a time around Europe, any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you start a topic for your adventure.

A couple of questions?
Where are you located? US or Europe?
In my opinion, full time in a class B is going to be hard. Not much room for storage, nor weight capacity. Very small fresh & waste tanks. Usually a wet bath Which I am told is ok for a vacation, but not so much for a home.

Class C rigs have more living space, especially with a slide or 2. You need to be sure the truck holding it up is heavy duty enough so you can bring a toothbrush & soap 😀. That is, some class C RVs are overweight as they leave the factory. Personally, I think they should be fined heavily for that.

Then there is sightseeing… Something big enough for 2 people to live in for a year or so might not be fun to take to some attractions and, if all moved in to a campground, not fun to untangle to go shopping etc.

Thoughts…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom