Wind noise on drivers side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksmoody

On my 2008 Fleetwood Tioga 31M on a Ford chassis I have a bad wind noise on the drivers side. How can I test to see if its the window or the door seals that are in need of replacing?

While going down he road, can you tug on door to make it a bit tighter, and a bit more quiet?  If yes, I'd start with door seals, but first I'd wipe them down, spray a silicon spray on rag, and wipe it down entirely.  I would then do the same with window seals, roll window down, wet rag, clean seals really good (maybe wrap a butter knife with rag, slide and clean any dirt from channel, then the other rag to lubricate seals.

We have wind noise with the passenger door of our Monaco. After several 'fixes' didn't work, some research found several folks saying their noise was coming from the mirror, and they eliminated the noise by adjusting the mirror. I'm skeptical, but haven't been able to confirm it or otherwise because the mirror adjustment is frozen. But it wouldn't cost you anything to try.

Take a piece of cardboard the thickness of a business card and close the door on it at various places. If there is a gap between the weatherstripping and frame it will be easy to remove or slide the card. The door jamb and hinges can usually be adjusted to close the gap.

Thank you for your replies. I will try all of them and see if I cam find the cause of the wind noise.

You can adjust the door latch easily enough to tighten the seal if needed  The drivers side gets the most use and is usually in need of adjusting.>>>Dan

I don't know if it's OEM or not, but my drivers door has an auxiliary latch at the top that looks like the type used for some emergency exit windows. It draws the top in tighter than the standard latch can. The sound difference is noticeable when I forget to latch it while underway.

Back
Top Bottom