Winnebago elandan 37'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claudio and Christine

Hello everyone I have not been on here in a while but I did find a 37 foot Winnebago Elandan
Cheap and local.....
Runs but needs work.....

Looking for fellow RVers in South Florida
Gonna need help with this one
I work 40 hours a week and don't have much time to work on Winnebago
Plan is to redo interior and get everything running right

Need tips on what to look for....
What to say away from......
Will be going to look at the Winnebago in two weeks......
Even though the price is good I should not buy it because...???
Thank you for time

Claudio and Christine said:
...Just curious on what to stay away from......?????
Anything that old will mostly require lots of work and money to bring it to good operating and running condition. Consider something smaller and much newer.

I want a 37 foot elandan.....
And I know it's gonna need work...
Just wanna know what to say away from.....what kind of problems are not worth the time.....
So when I see it in person I'll know what to look for......

If I were doing it I would correct any mechanical, structural or weather worthiness issues first then start with most important systems and finish with decor and entertainment. Systems to check would be electrical, 120 volt AC and 12 volt DC and generator. Inverter if installed. Water, water pump, hot and cold at all fixtures, water heater. Next appliances. Stove top and oven if equipped and microwave. HVAC, dash and coach AC and furnace.

If you break it down into these systems you can systematically make progress. Might be a several year project. A local person has an Elandan in perfect condition. It is a beautiful coach. At least in Florida you can work on it year round outside.

Here's a series of articles about buying an RV - good reading. I can easily see the Elandan restoration costing thousands of dollars just in parts (new tires, appliances, suspension parts, etc.)  The exterior looks like it is gel coat that has completely chalked, I have no idea if the finish can be restored.  If not, a paint job itself will cost thousands of dollars.

If you buy it and manage to get it running without restoring the exterior finish, many RV parks won't want an old and crummy looking RV on their property. We have had several of them have asked us what year model is our coach.

How many miles on it. It looks like you have your work cut out for you. I think maybe for you the restoration phase is as much what you want to do as using it.

A good friend bought a 99 Chieftan to use mostly for tailgating at NDSU Bison football games. He and his two sons and wife have done a great job of restoring it. He took it to Iowa City, IA last week where NDSU beat Iowa 23 to21. He has replaced the microwave, the couch and all of the TVs. He has done every thing in Bison green and gold.

I will check into the mileage.....
I have few more pics but can't upload them.....
I keep getting a message saying I've met my max......
Thank you again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
watt100
Back
Top Bottom