Winnebago Minnie 31c Carpet Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grasso44

We have a 2002 Winnebago Minnie 31c and want to remove the carpet in the main living area and replace it with laminate flooring. Has anyone had any experience with this model? I am concerned about the carpeting that extends under the slide. I know I can put a transition strip where the cab beings and the floor becomes carpet again, but what can I do with the portion of carpeting under the slide? Please feel free to email me directly if you would [email protected].

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

John G.
Orange, CT

The way the pro's do it is to remove the slide.  Be careful that the new height is not off the old, it will result in trouble with the slide mechanism, and possibly sealing. 

Lift up the flap of carpet on your slide. There you will see a metal or plastic edge. The carpet just goes under that edge and the flap hides the metal or plastic edge. You don't have to remove the slide. Make sure that your laminate extends under or close to that metal edge as possible. It's a doable project but time consuming. Get your self a small pry bar because you will have a multitude of staples. Good luck, Ernie- in the flooring business since 1972

DO NOT REMOVE THE SLIDE!!!

Winnebago lays all the floor coverings down before the sidewalls, cabinetry, and slide go on so it will be a tedious job simply put.  As Ernie stated, run the slide fully extended and you will see the plastic slider plate on the floor.  Another is on the underside of the slide room floor.  You may be able to use a floor jack outside on each side of the slideroom to "lift" it slightly, but do it very gently.  As for cabinetry, you can either cut around the outside, or loosen the screws at the base and try sliding it out...not easy! 

You may also want to call Winnebago Owner Relations for a little guidance?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom