Winnebago View Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunsetRVers

Does anyone have any issue with the rear wheel speed sensor that MB is putting out a recall notice for?

I used to have an '07 View so I still keep up with the View forums and Sprinter forums. The speed sensors have been a problem for a long time, and are technically an emission related item on the Sprinter. Yes I have read of issues with them on the View/Navion forum. Many people had the MB dealer charge them for the sensors and only after finding out that they were emission warranty did the dealer agree to refund the money.

Charles

I have a 2018 WInne 24V (MB - V6) with 24K miles and had a wheel sensor fail recently in IN, when on a trip to Rapid City SD. I called several repair shops in IN & IA before I got to and Rapid City, but none could look at the RV for days. When I got to Rapid City, it was the same story and closest MD dealer was in Loveland CO @ 267 miles away and the other closest was in Sioux Falls, SD even further away.

Fortunately my son-in-law had a mechanic friend who diagnosed the problem, told me the part to get and installed it on a Sunday. He had computer to be able to reset the MB computer. I had a reset tool and tried to reset the MB while I was enroute, but it wouldn't reset the MB. Since I had to be in Rapid City by a specific date, I drove 1K miles w/o cruise and ABS. NOT FUN. I will see if I can get MB to reimburse me for for the sensor.

Back
Top Bottom