Winterizing 2022 adventurer 29B for first time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rider1520

I am winterizing my new 2022 adventurer 29B for the first time. Fresh water tank is empty, opened low point water drain valves and closed them again, drained water heater, removed anode rod and switched bypass valve, and switch the pump valve over to the winterization bypass tube. Oh, I also removed the water filter, dumped the water from canister and I put the canister ( without filter) back on. I then put winterization tube into the antifreeze and with the with the water valve in the “Normal” (not tank fill) mode I turned on the pump. I could hear the antifreeze filling up the water filter canister and thought once the system was “charged” with antifreeze the pump would stop. It did not however, it sounded like it was still running. I went and checked all my faucets plus shower and toilet and all were off. I then turned them on one at a time believing there might be air in the lines or something causing this. I was able to get the pink antifreeze coming out of each hot and cold faucet plus the toilet but the pump still sounds like it is running. Funny thing is that it does not seem to be drawing any additional antifreeze! Am I missing something? has anyone else with a 29B had a similar problem? I checked inside and outside and under the coach and do not see any fluid anywhere.

I am winterizing my new 2022 adventurer 29B for the first time. Fresh water tank is empty, opened low point water drain valves and closed them again, drained water heater, removed anode rod and switched bypass valve, and switch the pump valve over to the winterization bypass tube. Oh, I also removed the water filter, dumped the water from canister and I put the canister ( without filter) back on. I then put winterization tube into the antifreeze and with the with the water valve in the “Normal” (not tank fill) mode I turned on the pump. I could hear the antifreeze filling up the water filter canister and thought once the system was “charged” with antifreeze the pump would stop. It did not however, it sounded like it was still running. I went and checked all my faucets plus shower and toilet and all were off. I then turned them on one at a time believing there might be air in the lines or something causing this. I was able to get the pink antifreeze coming out of each hot and cold faucet plus the toilet but the pump still sounds like it is running. Funny thing is that it does not seem to be drawing any additional antifreeze! Am I missing something? has anyone else with a 29B had a similar problem? I checked inside and outside and under the coach and do not see any fluid anywhere.
I should note that the system worked fine throughout the season in either the city water mode or when using the freshwater tank and pump

Your lines were pretty much empty when you opened the low point drains so they are full of air. The pump continues to run probably because it is trying to compress all that air.

It may be that you don't have the hot water bypass fully closed, but it shouldn't really matter as once you shut the power to the pump, it won't run. Once you do that open all the taps, including the outside shower.
Make sure you wipe down the fridge and leave the doors ajar. Pour some antifreeze into the p-traps, ie the sinks and shower drain. If you can, disconnect the batteries and bring them into the house or heated garage, but take a picture of exactly how they are connected so that you can easily re-connect in the spring.

Ed

Your lines were pretty much empty when you opened the low point drains so they are full of air. The pump continues to run probably because it is trying to compress all that air.
So if I let the pump run it should take care of itself?

I will check bleeding air from faucets once I have an assistant ( a couple days). I tried to do the winterizing myself but the pump and bypass hose are in an outside compartment and I only one gallon jugs of the antifreeze so it is difficult to go inside to open faucets and still check to make sure there is still antifreeze in the jug and I am not sucking more air. Thanks for all the replies, I believe/hope it might be air in the lines

rider1520, I've winterized trailers many times by myself. Pour 2-3 jugs of RV antifreeze into a 5G pail.
FWIW, most times 2G of antifreeze will winterize a trailer, including pouring a cup into each drain "P" trap. But you must be sure the water heater bypass valves are in the correct position first.

Ray-IN you have a good idea of putting antifreeze in a larger bucket. I have found too that 2 gallons is enough to winterize. Since I have pink stuff coming out of the various faucets, I believe I just have some air in the lines as well. so once I was done, I just opened all the faucets and emptied the water filter canister and left the canister off. That should do me for the winter, since my assistant never showed up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom