Wiper arms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

84southwind

We have a 1984 30 foot Southwind on a P30 chassis, we are looking for the pantograph wiper arms. GM is no help as they tell us they never used that type of arm, the closest we have come up with at Kenworth T800 arms but they look like they clip on rather than being bolted on. The arms are approximately 27 inches long. Would anyone know what these may be off of or what may work?

Thank you in advance for your help

Jim

I ordered some of them but they kept breaking so I modified the washers and mounted them on the coach. Then I just bought 2 nice wiper arms from a NAPA truck place. The problem I had with the pantograph wipers was that the pot metal casting at the bottom breaks every few years. Going on 5 years now with zero problems

However your originals are probably still available from the people who made the coach. Southwind/revco

Please be seated when you look at the price

Last edited:
AM Equipment has a decent web site with most of their products. With arms you will need to know what the configuration is of the shaft that the arm mounts to. I have been using AM Equipment products on boats for the last 10 years and have had very good results.

If the OP's arms are like mine were they seem to be proprietary to Southwind and not readily available elsewhere
I'd find it very surprising that Fleetwood would pay for a limited production custom wiper assembly when there are so many ready made products to choose from. The trick is usually just to figure out what other vehicles they were used on that would make tracking down parts easier. The headlight assemblies on my 2001 Landau for instance, were originally made for the '91-'96 Chevy Caprice, and the tail/brake light and directional assemblies for '73-'91 Chevy/GMC pickups. The pantograph arms on my previous Coachmen were also used on some Thomas school buses.

I have found parts for my wiper assembly at:
rometruckparts.com
I bought an exact replacement motor from AM equipment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyone
Back
Top Bottom