Wormsloe Historic Site Savannah, GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

We are currently volunteering at Wormsloe, its a day use park and visitors arrive at 9am and leave at 5pm. We do enjoy getting out after dark and seeing the park. There are 2 volunteer sites and the park manager lives on site too. We will be here by ourselves Christmas Eve and Christmas day (the park is closed on Christmas), too bad the high is 38.

Attachments

• Wormsloe1.jpg
    Wormsloe1.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Wormsloe2.jpg
    Wormsloe2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Wormsloe3.jpg
    Wormsloe3.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 3
Wormsloe looks like a nice park. I don't know if we'll have time to get over that way while we're Ft McAllister next month, but it looks like a nice day trip. You're about 45 minutes from McAllister (only 9 miles if our car had wings!). Enjoy your Christmas there!

We lived the RV Volunteer lifestyle for 12 years and had mostly wonderful experiences. We have done tours of from 1 month to as much as 4 months per location with most having been 3 months and with 38 of them now completed, there were only 2 that were such that we wouldn't recommend them to someone else. Since returning to part time we have done 3 more tours but we are summer only now and that too is probably over due to the wife's health problems. My only advice would be that you not get hung up on one or two parks over and over as there so many wonderful places and volunteer experiences that you will never un out. Of the places we were we visited two of them twice and one of the three times.

We really do enjoy work camping and in the past 6.5 years have been to 9 different locations. One is a private campground in Maine that is my favorite and the location is perfect for us. We do try to go to different state parks as much as we can. This is our first time volunteering in Ga and nice experience. Have always wanted to try a day use park but do miss the activities in a campground.

We visited Wormesloe while camping at Skidaway Island a few years ago. We had a good time and were very impressed with the park. Very informative and lots of history we weren’t aware of before our visit.

Reactions: SMR
Wow, volunteering at Wormsloe sounds like a unique experience! It's great that you get to enjoy the park after hours. I remember stumbling upon Wormsloe during my Savannah trip, thanks to a tip from https://tripsavannah.com.

Even with the chilly weather, spending Christmas Eve and Christmas day there sounds magical.

Reactions: SMR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom