Wrap my RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggermike

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Posts
566
I was watching Brett Michaels' Rock My RV and on one episode he wrapped a converted ambulance.  I was wondering if any one has wrapped a Class A motor home?  I thought it might be cheaper than painting, but I don't know how durable it is. 
 
Larry N. said:
Wrapped with what? And how sturdy? Wrapping a vehicle is new to me, except for hiding a new model prior to introduction.
Cheesy plastic graphics that are not durable.
 

Attachments

  • wrapped rv.jpg
    wrapped rv.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 254
I don't know about removing it but I would imagine it comes off with a heat gun. The Miami-Dade Transit busses are wrapped and they change the wraps fairly often. A lot of the portable animal vets MHs are wrapped.
 
I think they are very easy to remove, not like decals at all. More of a pressure sensitive thing, I don't think you would even need a heat gun. I have my Condor photo on my back window made of the same stuff. Easy to put on easy to remove.
 
I wondered about wrapping an RV also...especially if it were an older one that's not painted.

I know that they can do it with just about any type of graphics or even a photograph.  I know a lady that had a couple of Hummers wrapped about four years ago, to advertise her business.....they still look good as new.
 
JCZ said:
I wondered about wrapping an RV also...especially if it were an older one that's not painted.

I know that they can do it with just about any type of graphics or even a photograph.  I know a lady that had a couple of Hummers wrapped about four years ago, to advertise her business.....they still look good as new.
My wife wants a picture of a moose on the side of ours........ ::)
 
Here is a picture of the wrap on the back of my Stacker that was recovered after being stolen.  They cost about $12.00 a square foot.  This one was about $1,000.00

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/HueyPilotVN/007-27.jpg
 
Most race cars (NASCAR, NHRA, Lucas Off Road and many others) are now wrapped. From what I have seen, the wraps are very durable and cost effective!
 
I can only imagine how difficult a wrap would be to remove if decals are so hard.

It's not too bad if you're going to replace it with another wrap.  If you're trying to go back to the underlying paint that's a whole other story.

I spent a couple of days with a heat gun and Goof Off removing wrap from a Chevy Suburban.  I was told I could use it as a transmitter truck if I removed all of the logos from it (the radio station changed format and they didn't want a reminder of the old format running around town).  The wrap itself comes right off - the bugger is removing the adhesive left behind, which is not an issue if you're covering it with new wrap.
 
HueyPilotVN said:
Here is a picture of the wrap on the back of my Stacker that was recovered after being stolen.  They cost about $12.00 a square foot.  This one was about $1,000.00

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/HueyPilotVN/007-27.jpg

Looks like Air Cav is in your blood:))
 
kreedaz said:
I would think twice about having someone wrap my vehicle that can't even manage to proof read their own website for spelling errors like "Grahics" ... LOL :)

Or return a reply for a quote after a week!!!
 
We have wrapped a couple of vehicles for our business purposes.  And we were thinking of wrapping the RV but mostly because of business.  Since we are fitness coaches we like to drive our business to our website for people to join the program.  Since we have this 35ft billboard driving down the road I figure, why not!  Whats nice is you do not have to devote the entire thing to your advertisement but just a small part.

For us, this will also help the tax man understand the coach is a business expense.  And yes.....very easy to come off.  I was cautioned by my guy we used that has done several RV's that delamination on your rig could make the job not look so good as wrapping relies on a tight surface.
 
Interesting....the two Hummers that I mentioned above are also for a fitness business.
 
For us, this will also help the tax man understand the coach is a business expense. And yes.....very easy to come off.  I was cautioned by my guy we used that has done several RV's that delamination on your rig could make the job not look so good as wrapping relies on a tight surface.

....And maybe an RV park or two that does not appreciate a business advertising in his park??? Or a State Trouper that might see the need to to have commercial licence plates and you,  a commercial drivers licence.

I do know that could happen here in Quebec, Canada. My boss was stopped at one point and fined heavily for just that. He had a small vinyl lettered notice on his SUV's back  windows stating the business name and address but no commercial plates on the vehicle .
 
Alfa38User said:
....And maybe an RV park or two that does not appreciate a business advertising in his park??? Or a State Trouper that might see the need to to have commercial licence plates and you,  a commercial drivers licence.

I do know that could happen here in Quebec, Canada. My boss was stopped at one point and fined heavily for just that. He had a small vinyl lettered notice on his SUV's back  windows stating the business name and address but no commercial plates on the vehicle .

Interesting point.  I would not be worried about the trooper aspect of it at all here.  But thats just me.  The part about the parks could be a very valid point though!
 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
131,894
Posts
1,386,973
Members
137,648
Latest member
Ronsrn
Back
Top Bottom