Your cat's favorite toy(s)??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

I guess like most cats, we buy some kind of toy we expect she'll think is way cool, only to have her enjoy the box it came in more.

But when we're on the road for extended trips we always bring along some of her favorite toys to keep her entertained and to hopefully make her feel more at home. Favorites come and go of course. What she's crazy about for weeks suddenly loses all interest only to be rediscovered weeks later. Such a cat thing... :rolleyes:

Simplicity seems to work best when it comes to toys. Little plastic springs, all kinds of balls, and for the longest time she really enjoys the cheap tunnel thing we got her. Loves to hide in it and come charging out to "attack" us in play mode. I pick it up with her inside and swing her around and she seems to really get a kick out of that!
tunnel.jpg

Our cat was a super senior when her kidneys failed and we finally had to let her go. I was never a cat person, the DW was, but I for 17 years did all the cat maintenance. She's been gone two years now and I miss her, thinking about turning in my man card and getting a kitten.

Go Cat PurrPellar toy is Owen’s favorite toy by far! We’re trying to get a little bit of weight off of him so I started playing with him every night. We play in the spare room so the dogs won’t bother us. He loves it so much, but he actually “calls“ me to that room now, each night when he wants to play!IMG_4617.jpeg

Ah. So there is in fact room in your RV to "swing a cat". 😂
Yes indeed...

It's pretty much a nightly ritual. Bedtime and Mom goes into the BR. Cat knows that's the time to get brushed & treats but first some playtime with Dad:
  1. Cat assumes her position in tube
  2. Grab tube by both hands as shown below
  3. Spin around and around in place until spinee (cat) has had enough and spinner (me) is getting dizzy
  4. Rock tube with cat inserted back & forth and walk into BR
  5. Toss tube with cat on bed
  6. Now it's Mom time (treats & brushes)

cattunnel.jpg

Which cat? We call it the thing on a string…much better with a hoooman attached. They all like the thing…

8E6270CF-7EC2-4A02-9AA2-6E2F7D620082.jpeg

My cats best toys in the house seem to be the rug and runner in the living room. Floor is slick varnished and the 9x12 rug or the 12 ft runner both slide and bunch up with ease when an 18 lb cat hits them full speed. The indoor cat lilly likes any box that something comes in. I will leave it on the floor and even labeled one Lilly's safety box.

Charles

Attachments

• IMG_20221224_143733417.jpg
    IMG_20221224_143733417.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 3
So I pulled the trigger, saw her on death row at our city shelter. She’s eight human years old and was originally adopted from the same shelter as a kitten. She was a VIP cat, meaning she had been there awhile. Her age and her being overweight apparently didn’t work in her favor. She’s currently hiding in a desk shelf and she’s certain we don’t know. We spent some quality time together at the shelter however and I’m sure she’ll come out when she’s ready.

Meet TrickyWoo

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My mother has two cats. I have none. (allergic)

Her cats love brown paper grocery bags. They are easy to please. hahah

Have an about 6 month old acquired former stray, EVERYTHING is a toy.

My older son had a weird Siamese cat who has been deceased for several years. She would play with only one toy--the ring from a plastic milk carton that you can take off after you unscrew the cap. Ignored every single other cat toy, or human toy for that matter. But she did like to drink out of any glass of water that had ice cubes in it, so we learned to only drink out of cups with caps or water bottles with lids.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom