YUMA this Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

The news shows countless thousands of illegals crossing the border into Yuma.

Will this make Yuma an undesirable place to be this winter?

Ask yourself if there were indeed an influx of illegals would you be comfortable. I know I wouldn't. Everyone has different levels of what puts them on edge. But like you, I have seen many news stories and .... If there is a huge influx, and minimal support, life sustainability will occur. I don't mean to be negative or political, but I certainly would have a back up plan. Be safe (y)

In the last year California has had many massive wildfires, strong Sanata Ana winds, heat waves, earthquakes and the cost of living is extremely high. I cannog imagine anyone wanting to visit California in the near future.

Pretty broad brushes being applied here. I grew up (partly) in LA. riots, fires, landslides, Rodney King, OJ. 15 miles from the epicenter of all these things you could be completely unaware if you didn't watch the news.

One time on a business trip to Mumbai India a colleague and I were sitting in the Marriott hotel bar and our phones rang almost simultaneously.

"Are you guys OK?"
"Yeah, having a beer why do you ask?"
"You need to get to the airport and evacuate!"
"What?"
"A bomb went off in Mumbai!"

Turns out it was like, 30 miles away. We were completely unaware. We also finished the business trip.

Now of course, Marriotts got targeted for a while in Indonesia and other places but you can get run over by a bus pretty much anywhere. I remember a state department alert not to visit New Orleans after Irma(?)

I bet the average RV park will have no clue what's going on at the border unless you watch the news.

If you become uncomfortable in Yuma, head north. There's little or nothing to attract undocumented immigrants in Quartzsite. Lake Havasu City is also nice that time of year.

In the last year California has had many massive wildfires, strong Sanata Ana winds, heat waves, earthquakes and the cost of living is extremely high. I cannog imagine anyone wanting to visit California in the near future.
Um, Tom. Yuma isn't in California.

My guess the only effects will be lower wages paid to the field workers in the Yuma area, and a lot of the illegal aliens will be headed to Iowa to get jobs in meat packing plants, and others places where the owners of businesses violate the law and hire illegal aliens.

We tried to set up a trip to Havasu, Parker, Quartzite, and Yuma and couldn't find any places for all of us to stay. The one in Yuma said if the Canadian border stayed closed they'd have hundreds of cancellations.

Close enough. Yuma is less than an inch from CA in some areas. :)

-Don- Reno, NV
True enough, but that part of California is nowhere near the massive fires (no overgrown forests to burn) and seldom gets strong Santa Ana winds, earthquake activity or floods. In other words, it's more like Arizona than California.

Nothing new on this thread... wondering with the more current news, that the group 60k is going to travel thru Yuma, any concerns... ??

Well, if I were to enter another country illegally, the first thing I would do if find a wat to get very far from the border.
I believe that Yuma will be fine.

Well, if I were to enter another country illegally, the first thing I would do if find a wat to get very far from the border.
I believe that Yuma will be fine.
A lot of them probably already have jobs lined up for them in packing plants, dairy and chicken farms, as well as landscaping and roofing businesses here in Iowa and other US states.

Back
Top Bottom