Seilerbird buys a fiver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

After months of searching I finally found an RV to buy. My class A does not run and it is not worth the money to make it run since it is only 32 feet long and has no slides. I upgraded to a 33 foot long fifth wheel made by Travel Supreme in 1997. It has a whole lot more space and cabinets. The biggest problem with my class A was the fact that since it did not run I could not take it out and fill the propane tank and no one in the area delivers propane. So I have been without hot water, a furnace, a stove and an oven now for three years. I have gotten tired of trudging down to the club house to take a shower. It is not in perfect condition, it needs some work, but since I got it for several thousand under low NADA I can afford to fix it up.

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/rvs/6009047893.html

That fiver looks nice. I hope you enjoy it. The fun part is gonna be moving all your stuff from the coach to the fiver. You're gonna feel like a roadie for a band by the time you get done. ;D On the lack of propane thing with your coach, why didn't you get an extenda-stay and a couple of 20# or 30# bottles?

Since you're going to use the shower in the 5er, where will the cat litter go?

Congrats Seilerbird!

Looks nice!  Hope you will enjoy it. Has to be a lot roomier with several slides. Will it go on your current lot or will you be relocating to another park?
What happens to the Class A?  Inquiring minds will want to know, LOL

Best wishes!
Dianne

kdbgoat said:
That fiver looks nice. I hope you enjoy it. The fun part is gonna be moving all your stuff from the coach to the fiver. You're gonna feel like a roadie for a band by the time you get done. ;D On the lack of propane thing with your coach, why didn't you get an extenda-stay and a couple of 20# or 30# bottles?
Actually moving will be very easy. I have the new one parked door to door with the old one so the move is less than ten feet. And I don't own that much stuff since I don't have a lot of space in the old one.

Tom said:
Since you're going to use the shower in the 5er, where will the cat litter go?
I can either put it in the bathroom or the kitchen. Both have tile floors and a lot of room. I could play racquetball in the new bathroom.

dpickard said:
Congrats Seilerbird!

Looks nice!  Hope you will enjoy it. Has to be a lot roomier with several slides. Will it go on your current lot or will you be relocating to another park?
What happens to the Class A?  Inquiring minds will want to know, LOL

Best wishes!
Dianne
I have had my eye on a site at this park ever since I have been living here. It is currently occupied but they are suppose to vacate on March 1st and then it is mine. Meanwhile I have the new RV parked door to door to the old RV and I will move my stuff over. When the new space is vacated my neighbor will move me over to the new spot. Then I will sell the old class A.

Like the fiberglass exterior AND the 3 axles for good support. Looks like the slide toppers need some help..That should help keeping the rain out a bit. Good Luck!!

Nice new home! 

Do the slides have covers? It kinda looked like they were supposed to but I couldn't see any canvas.

How are you going to get your exercise now that you don't have to walk to the clubhouse? 

john owens said:
Like the fiberglass exterior AND the 3 axles for good support. Looks like the slide toppers need some help..That should help keeping the rain out a bit. Good Luck!!
Yep I am going to have to hire someone to fix the slide toppers. All three need fixing.

Hope you'll be very happy with your new home. Lots more room for music gear.

SeilerBird said:
Yep I am going to have to hire someone to fix the slide toppers. All three need fixing.

I was very pleased with Tough Top Awnings. They may have an installer down there.

With all that room now you can buy more stuff!  ;)

The new house looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll have many happy times in it. Good luck with the moving. Make sure you check all your nooks and crannies so you don't lose anything.... ;D

gwcowgill said:
Tom, That 5er sure looks nice, now comes the time to start looking for a tow vehicle in case you ever get tired of the Florida winters.
Not a chance Glen. I am done with RVing. I do not want to buy a one ton truck. It weighs 13,250. The cabinets are all solid oak. It is built like a tank. I doubt I will get tired of Florida anytime soon, I really love the place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom