Seilerbird buys a fiver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SeilerBird said:
The fiver has been moved and it is now located in the space of my dreams. Now all I have to do is figure out where to put everything. The good news is I have lots of cabinets and closets.

What?  YOU have it in the space of your dreams and DIDN'T post a picture of it?

I assume your busy and maybe so excited that you just forgot???????

RedandSilver said:
What?  YOU have it in the space of your dreams and DIDN'T post a picture of it?

I assume your busy and maybe so excited that you just forgot???????
Oh no, I did not forget. My camera has not yet uploaded them to cloud so I can post them. I had a hell of a welcoming committee.  A six foot gator was parked in the canal right behind the house and two sandhill cranes were in my back yard also. Here is one I took before I moved in to give you an idea.

Attachments

• New site.jpg
    New site.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 58
SeilerBird said:
Oh no, I did not forget. My camera has not yet uploaded them to cloud so I can post them. I had a hell of a welcoming committee.  A six foot gator was parked in the canal right behind the house and two sandhill cranes were in my back yard also. Here is one I took before I moved in to give you an idea.

That's an awesome spot and an awesome committee. Man I miss Florida  :'(

Tom, I just got around at looking at the video. Really nice. I see you had some type of hideaway storage on the top of the bedroom bureau. That will be a great place for you to put your makeup on.  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Arch Hoagland said:
You have a six foot alligator living nearby?  I think I'll stick to the earthquakes here where I live.
Yep and here is a photo. One of the living room slides has windows on three sides and offers an awesome view of the pond and the gators. Two of the shots are from my chair in the slide. Two shots are from the move itself and two shots are of the welcoming committee. The alligator is in both welcoming shots.

I have put up with earthquakes for 40 plus years when I lived in California. Alligators are better subjects for my camera. ;D

Attachments

• Rear window view 1.jpg
    Rear window view 1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Rear and side window view.jpg
    Rear and side window view.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Moving the fiver.jpg
    Moving the fiver.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Backing in the fiver.jpg
    Backing in the fiver.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Cranes at the housewarming party.jpg
    Cranes at the housewarming party.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Alligator at the housewarming party.jpg
    Alligator at the housewarming party.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 66
Oh the humanity.  :-[ It has been a bad week for me. First I could not find the electrical panel in my new fiver. For those of you who don't know me I am a retired union electrician with over 50 years in the union and I could not find the panel in a 33 foot fifth wheel. But that is not the worst part, the worst part is that a plumber, let me repeat, a plumber had to find it for me and show me where it was. The second thing that happened was I could not find the two valves for draining the waste water from my fiver. I looked everywhere and could not find them. Then my neighbor, who is a trucker, let me repeat, a trucker, had to show me where it was. This is just way too embarrassing. :-[ :-[ :-[

Tom,
Let me bring this link to your attention...

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/board,2.0.html

This link may help.  ;) ;D

Edit:
Not sure what happened! Disregard link.

Poor Tom!  You're NEVER gonna live this one (or is it two?) down!  Such indignities.  But thanks for a really good laugh.  I'm glad to see you can laugh at yourself - at least I think you are!  ;D ;D ;D

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Poor Tom!  You're NEVER gonna live this one (or is it two?) down!  Such indignities.  But thanks for a really good laugh.  I'm glad to see you can laugh at yourself - at least I think you are!  ;D ;D ;D

ArdraF

Ditto!  ;D

ArdraF said:

ArdraF
Oh yes I am definitely laughing at myself. Why not, everyone else does. ;D

Well my first day of living in my new RV was certainly eventful. When I tried to retract the slides on Saturday the largest one balked. I discovered it had one of the arms that push it in and out had come loose from the wall due to a leaky roof. So I called my slide repairman and he promised to come out today and help me. Fortunately we were able to get the slide extended without having to repair the disconnected arm and since I am not moving the RV again it doesn't need to be fixed. He inspected the slide and told me it was in the right position and was properly sealed. He also helped me with a few other small items. When he got done he asked me about my 4k TV and I told him it was brand new and that I had my old 4k TV for sale for $200. He asked to look at it and offered to trade his service call today and one more service call in the future for the TV. Naturally I jumped at it since my last two service calls cost me $550.

I spent most of the day organizing items in the RV since when I moved everything into the RV I just stacked things any old place. What a disaster. The last thing the slide mechanic told me before he left was that the hose was leaking where it went into the RV so after he left I went outside to solve that problem. I have two hoses, a six footer and a 25 footer and I had the six footer closer to the RV so I decided to swap them so if I needed to use a hose the six footer would be easier to get to. When I went to attach the six footer to the hose bib it broke off cleanly about six inches under the soil level. Needless to say I had a geyser erupt in my face. I called the office to have them send out a maintenance man to fix it. So I was without water most of the morning. Finally it got fixed and the swimming pool in my yard evaporated so I could go get the cats. Tarzan was first to be brought over, I opened the cat carrier and TZ rushes inside of it like he always does. The second cat to go was Cleo who had to be put into the carrier but she doesn't object too much. The third cat was Jane who fought me like a wild cat so I finally gave up and carried her over here.

Tarzan has been sitting next to me in the window watching the birds and hissing at the other cats like they were foreign intruders. Normally they all get along very well. Jane has been prowling around all day like the Velociraptors from Jurassic Park checking the perimeter for a weakness. Cleo has been hiding all day behind the stereo equipment. Needless to say cats don't like change but they will get over it.

Now I am getting ready to take my first shower in my own house in three years. The hot water heater is working fabulously. All in all I am thrilled to pieces to be in my new fiver on my new site.

catblaster said:
what was the problem with the water heater.....ignitor?? Remember it looked like it had gotten wet once.
I don't know. He just turned it on and it worked. Must have had air in the lines.

Congratulations on your move. So glad that plumber and trucker were able to help you out.

I hope your old one sells quickly. Going back over there to clean it up when you have the new exciting one to play with, must be daunting to deal with.

Will your park let you add a screened porch to your lot?

Your cats asked me to mention this to you.  ;D

DearMissMermaid said:
Congratulations on your move. So glad that plumber and trucker were able to help you out.

I hope your old one sells quickly. Going back over there to clean it up when you have the new exciting one to play with, must be daunting to deal with.

Will your park let you add a screened porch to your lot?

Your cats asked me to mention this to you.  ;D
The old one has been sold to my nephew from California. His daugher in law lives in the park and has volunteered to clean it up for him. I am planning on adding a cat room. I don't want a screened in patio, too expensive and the slide out where my recliner is located is just like having a screened in patio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom