1989 Fleetwood Limited Remodel with Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks all. Should finish grouting and the tile project tomorrow. Hopeing the couch is don in the next 2 weeks. then just a little cleaning and finish work and well be mostly done.

Was wondering if you used grout inbetween the peel and stick tiles. 

Thanks!!

Yes, the peel and stick tiles we used are designed to be used with or without grout. I honestly do not know if you can grout standard tiles or not. These are rounded on the edge which allows for the grout. I spaced them at 1/8th on an inch and used grout.

We finished grouting the bathroom and the kitchen today. Also installed the kitchen faucet but wasnt able to connect the water just yet do to some alignment issues. So went to lowes and picked up the required fitting and will work on that tomorrow. Heres some pictures of the grouted tile work.

Attachments

• IMG_7007 (1200 x 900).jpg
    IMG_7007 (1200 x 900).jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7009 (1200 x 900).jpg
    IMG_7009 (1200 x 900).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7010 (1200 x 900).jpg
    IMG_7010 (1200 x 900).jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 109
Here are some updated pictures, I installed two new maxair vent covers today. Not the easiest thing but got them on. My list of things to do and buy is finally shirking up nice.

Attachments

• IMG_7014.jpg
    IMG_7014.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7016.jpg
    IMG_7016.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7017.jpg
    IMG_7017.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7018.jpg
    IMG_7018.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7019.jpg
    IMG_7019.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7020.jpg
    IMG_7020.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 97
Thanks for all the pictures.., it's really neat to see the progress.

That tile is such a huge improvement over the old carpet..., I hate carpet in RV's anywhere except up front in the drivers area or maybe in a bedroom with no exterior door.
Why oh why would anyone put carpet in bathrooms or entryways?

Excellent job, love the faux tile you picked out. I'd like to replace some vinyl in ours with a tile like that.

gosh!!  You guys do make a great team!  They look wonderful! 

i thought I would'nt have to even think about flooring, tile, grout for quite some time since we have done a lot to our house... but now after looking at all the work you have done now I am wanting to work  on our motorhome.  :)

My husband will thank you.  :)

Thank you for the nice comments. And you are welcome for the inspiration. I think we are both very ready to be complete and luckily we are very close. Still uncertain about when our couch, dinette and head board will be complete. I guess that is that hard part about allowing someone else to do our work. Soon Ill actually take some better quality pictures as right now they have all been taken with my iphone. Ill let you all know when I have them posted.

Scott, I recognize the glass tile you used in your bathroom and kitchen as we are purchasing the same for our bath and kitchen in our MH--I love it--it is classy looking without breaking the budget.  I thought I read somewhere here that you used "elastomeric" grout on the tile.  Where did you purchase that?  We will begin with our tiling probably this week--we have been waiting for the weather to warm up here in Kansas and it is going to be in the 40's this week.  I know that doesn't sound warm--but after this winter it sounds great! 

We have removed old wood flooring and old carpet from the MH.  Now my DH wants me to get tiling and painting done.  So, hopefully this week.

Your project was very inspirational to read.  We will not be doing as much re-do as you did--just want to make our MH comfy and a bit updated because we are pretty confident we will be upgrading in a couple of years.  Thanks for posting it all--it has been a treat.

Thanks,  Colleen

Thank you very much for your kind words. We have truthly put a lot of blood and sweat into her, no tears really. As far as the grout, i honetly do not know the secifics on what it was made of. I know I got it from home depot and it is sanded. So far it is holding on very well. As far as the tile, I honestly didnt like the idea of glass tile but the wife really wanted it. As it turns out, it looks fantastic. I have done a lot of tiling but never with glass, and let me be the first to say glas is much differnt, and its sharp. Good luck and have as much fun as possible.

I installed our new furniture after having it redone and finally got my good camera out totake some pictures. There are still a few little things left to be done but here are what I am going to call the final product.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
You guys sure have been working hard and it has paid off.  It looks fantastic.  I really like those blinds you've installed.  They look like Roman shades.  Wouldn't mind getting rid of our day/night icky ones and installing something like that.

Ruth

Nice job.  Is the sofa recovered or new install?  Tile?  ceramic or vinyl with a grout?  The backsplash looks awesome. 

We have a similar front tv setup, but with original to the right over passenger, our solution is low tech, but we store the TV in bedroom while travelling, and set on dash for viewing.  Converted the TV 'cave' into the component cabinet.  2 sat receivers, surround sound, a-d converter, switches etc. 

Saved the space an entertainment center takes up in your conversion, I like that spot for my computer station.

Thanks again for all of your nice comments. Really like hearing thats for sure. As far as her maiden journey, I suppose it wont be until I transfer to Charleston SC. I am being relocated there next month as I am in the Navy and move about every 5 years or so. The sofa is recovered, along with the dinette. The floor is vinyl tile with grout. The backsplash is glass tile. I also plan on coneverting the old TV cave to a more useful  storage area with a cabinet door. As far as the blinds, I really like thema and they matched the whole theme very well, only problem is at night you can see right in. I fixed that in the bedroom by adding some fabric to the back of each of the blinds and that worked great. Here is a link to a video I took of a walk thru of the motor home.

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/dolphin_tales/Fleetwod%20Limited/?action=view&current=MVI_0324.flv

Hi Scott, I've looked at your photo album and I'm so impressed!  BTW, this is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right.  I loved your tile job and it's exactly what I came to this forum to find.  I haven't found any info on how you did it. Have you posted about that yet?  If so, please help me find it.  I just bought my first RV and it's a '96 Manor by Thor. I've already painted the interior and I want to do some tiling, but I've never done it before and someone told me it was really hard. You've inspired me, but I see you've done lots of tiling before. Do you think a novice could do it?  Please let me know how you did it. Thanks much... in advance. :)

Smiles,
Lesli :)

Finally got around to finishing off my beds headboard. Its not perfect but it looks pretty good and had some nice padding under it.

Attachments

• IMG_0956 (1024 x 768).jpg
    IMG_0956 (1024 x 768).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0958 (1000 x 1333).jpg
    IMG_0958 (1000 x 1333).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members