2002 Journey Floor Rattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Top38

I have a 32' Journey and it has developed a floor rattle when driving, mainly on bumby roads. It sounds like a bracket or brace under the sub floor is possibly loose or broken. You can feel it hitting the sub floor when driving down the road, it's pretty much in the middle of the floor just in front of the sink. I have taken a quick look to get an idea, access to this area is from the main storage compartment on the passenger side. Anyone every had this issue and where can I find a drawing of the floor support framing?

thanks

What kind of flooring is in that area? Laminate, carpet or ?? Any chance there was a water leak since the area is near the sink?
That area is tile. No leaks that I see. You can feel it when your standing on this area driving down the road, only when you hit some bumps though.

I started looking around a bit. The subfloor framing in visible from the passenger side double storage compartment. It's tight in this area since it is pretty much located in the middle of the floor. Looks like I have to remove a few panels mount in there that protect equipment from the storage area to get a better look.

This is an interesting situation, looking forward to your updates.
John,

I guess I am glad that there haven't been anyone else with this issue, meaning the floor framing was designed well, I just got the Friday afternoon version, lol. Now that the season is over here I have taken a decent look, nothing obvious. I think I will need to go on a short ride with someone actually riding inside the storage compartment to actual here and hopefully see the problem. The floor framing is located about 4 to 6 inches above the chassis framing so you can only access and see this area from the storage compartment under the kitchen area. More to follow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom