2005 Minnie MH 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigtollehouse

I just bought this rig.  I used the outside shower to drain the fresh water tank.  (I did not get under the bed because of lifting limits).  When I stuck the hose into the fresh water gravity fill it would take water briefly then shoot the water back out.  Is there more than one way to fill the fresh water tank?  I know it's an old rig.  I looked at the Winnebego PDF but looks like it says the same thing.  Push the hose in and turn on the water.  Hmmm. :-\

Thanks guys.  I'll try the slow approach first.  If that does not work I'll have my son look at the schematics with me.    Quick response is much appreciated.

I have a 2002 Minnie...if you try to fill the tank too quickly, most of the water comes right back out.

Also, check to make sure the tank drain valve is closed.

If you haven't done it yet...since it's new to you...you should probably sterilize the water tank and system before you take it out.

There are good directions in the library above, or on page 58 of the manual:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/pdfs/Operator2005/05Minnie.pdf

Okay guys, here is my big Duh! moment.  It seems that the water intake from the opening to the tank is so shallow, (little pitch), that I needed to level the rig for the water to go in.  Got the tank flushed and refilled.  Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom