2009 RV FORUM SOUTHEAST FALL RALLY SCHEDULED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a more serious note.... I am a good cook, but a terrible meal planner, so I can't volunteer to step in for Gary and Nancy for Thursday nights dinner.  However, I was planning to bring a small amount (approx 2 lbs.) of home smoked shredded pork for potluck night.  I will increase that to several lbs.  Some will be seasoned in the eastern North Carolina style and some just hickory smoked, so if you have a favorite sauce bring a sample.  If someone can plan a meal around that, please step up.

Lou, turned your questions (query) over to DW and she came up with some ideas so count us in to help out with planning and prep.  We'll be there Weds, probably early afternoon.

Dale & Karen

Tom said:
Ron,

I haven't opened the album yet. You responded 33 minutes after I said I'd open it. But I've seen no photos yet  ??? The album won't be visible unless/until I add photos  ;) Presumably I won't see photos until after the rally has started  ???
    Well!, I could always add a few from the Smoky Mountains on the way to the rally.  How about that?

Tom:    Here is a few images from the Smoky Mountains that you can start the Album with.

Attachments

• 1040 Master (Medium).jpg
    1040 Master (Medium).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 8410 Master (Medium).jpg
    8410 Master (Medium).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Smoky Mtn. NP_MG_8548-1 (Medium).jpg
    Smoky Mtn. NP_MG_8548-1 (Medium).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Smoky Mtn. NP_MG_8477-1 (Medium).jpg
    Smoky Mtn. NP_MG_8477-1 (Medium).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Smoky Mtn. NP_MG_8611-1 (Medium).jpg
    Smoky Mtn. NP_MG_8611-1 (Medium).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 18
  • Smoky Mtn. NPCRW_1082-1 (Medium).jpg
    Smoky Mtn. NPCRW_1082-1 (Medium).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20
Sounds like without Gary there, the rally will be out of control.  Wish I could be there.

Joel

joelmyer said:
Sounds like without Gary there, the rally will be out of control.  Wish I could be there.

Joel, is that because you like out of control situations or because you fear for the rest of us?

Thanks Ron, I've added those photos to the new album.

Shirley and I will be leaving Pigeon Forge tomorrow, probably spend the night around Columbia and then head down to the Rally site on Tuesday.

We are traveling via IH 40 and IH 26.

We are in a charcoal gray bluebird wanderlodge in case you are on the road.

Sorry to have to let you know that Mary Ann and I will have to drop out of the Rally.  Sorry for the short notice.

Don and Mary Ann

I've got 23 lbs. of pork shoulder ready for the smoker early tomorrow morning.  That should produce about 11 or 12 lbs. of shredded/pulled pork in about 12 hours.  I realize that not everyone does, or can, eat pork, but Eastern Carolina smoked pork is good groceries in these parts.

I purposely did NOT season it beyond the 'six pepper rub' that I normally apply prior to smoking. 

You Texans, and other foreigners, best bring your favorite sauce 'cause I'm a vinegar and pepper man myself.

I do have some:

Sweet Baby Ray's, (three varieties)
Carolina Treet,
Scott's,
Well's BBQ,
Smokin' Joe's,
Bone Suckin' Sauce,
Kansas City, Hickory,
Memphis Original,
South Carolina Mustard Sauce
and....
Western Carolina Tomatoe based Sauce.

But, other than that.... you better bring your own..... ;) :D

Lou,

My mouth is watering just reading your message. Wish we could be there!

Living in KC for the past 15 years we love BBQ.  I sure wish we were going to be there Lou.

Don, I hope all is well with you folks?

RV Roamer said:
Way to go, Lou!!!   Wish we could be there to have a sample!

Thanks Gary, as You know, this will be my first rally.  One of the things I was most looking forward to was meeting, and visiting, with you and Nancy.  We'll do our part, in your absence, to make this a memorable event and anticipate an even better rally in the Spring.

God go with you.

Lou - You da man !! I don't even eat pork and you've got my mouth watering. Any chance you could stash part of it away and meet us at the Quartzsite rally?????

Wendy

Wendy, my ambition (dream) is to survive long enough to make one of the QZ rallys.  
I'd love to do a real down home pig pickin' on the desert.

Hopefully, my situation (and my health) will allow it sometime in the next few years.

BTW - Pig Pickin's ain't complete without some banjo pickin'.  Just look at my avatar and you can tell thars' a banjo in the RV somewhere.  

Lou, Don't wait, just do it. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.

Maybe a spring Carolina rally would attract some of us?

As for your sig block, you write because you have to !

Wendy
cold in Colorado

Back
Top Bottom