2009 Texas Hill Country Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned & Lorna:    We won't be able to make the rally, but plan on heading your way on the 13th of April and will head over to Fredericksburg for my Photo Event on the 15th.  Send me some information so I can find you O.K.

George,

Glad to hear that you will be coming and looking forward to meeting you and your mate.

Here is a list of the those reserved and those that are planning to come.

Ned and Lorna Reiter - Texas and Wisconsin 4/1 - 4/7
Larry Miller - Texas - 4/3 - 4/5
John and Jane Canfield - Texas and Florida - 4/1 - 4/7
George (geodrake) - Kansas City - 4/2 - 4/4
Jackson and Liz Pearce - Planning on coming
Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt - North Carolina - 4/1 - 4/7
Ray and Ladonna Baginski - Tennessee - Planning on coming

We still plan to come to the Rally.

Having some problems getting everything ready so we can leave, but went ahead and made reservations for April 1 thru 7. (Actually thru April 14 as we plan to stay around for another week to visit some favorite places and golf some.)

Spring Branch has confirmed.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone.

Don and Mary Ann

Hi Don and Mary Ann,

Looking forward to seeing you again and safe travels.

Ned and Lorna,

We are sorry that we won't be able to join you. Our daughter in Austin will be having surgery on April 2nd and we will be helping with her three children.

Lois and I enjoyed meeting you last fall at the rally in Georgia.

Have a great time.

Ed Lander

We're on our way --- sort of -----

Left Cary, NC yesterday and after battling rain, mist, and fog, we made about 250 miles -- through NC and almost out of SC.

As we went through the leveling process we found that we had a dead jack (electric by Power Gear) and not the first!  Maybe later I'll start a thread on our our ongoing electric jack poblems.

Tom Johnson Camping Center, located in Marion, NC, about 30 miles east of Asheville right off I-40, is the dealer from whom we bought our motorhome, though we dealt with the Concord, NC, (in the shadow of Charlotte Motor Speedway) location. Because of the high quality service and attitude we had experience with the Tom Johnson staff, we really wanted to get our repairs made there.

So, at 7:30 this morning, even knowing that the Tom Johnson service center was making appointments more than a month out, I called to throw ourselves on their mercy and beg that they fit us into their very busy schedule. I had no more described our situation to the service manager when he told me to "bring it on" and they'd get us worked in somehow. No mention was made of the 2 dozen gourmet doughnuts (from Dutchie Deb's in Marion) we dropped off on our way out the last time were here, or what a delightfully pleasant customer MMG was on our last visit, but when we arrived around noon, it was obvious that they remembered us fondly.

Thus it is that we progressed backwards today.  After making 250 miles yesterday, tonight we find ourselves leass than 180 miles from home!

We arrived at Tom Johnson's about 11:30. By 1:00 they drove our rolling home into the shop and around 5:00 delivered it back to us with a new jack and control panel.

We spent the waiting time in the "Lodge" which is complete with a 50" flat screen TV, numerous leather couches, a real fireplace, very fast wifi, and free coffee. Had some enjoyable conversation with other customers while it rained steadily all afternoon.

We're spending the night in the Tom Johnson campground a., because of the lousy weather and, b., to get a chance to test the repairs before we leave!

Tomorrow, after dropping off some fresh doughnuts, we'll be headed West! again!

Ed
Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the rally :( , but hope your daughter's surgery goes well.  You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Don
Glad to hear that your problem was fixed and that you will be on your way tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing both of you on Wednesday.

We only need one more rig to sign up in order to get the 15% discount.  The weather is looking good for next week but that has a habit of changing even though we really need the rain.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  Drive safe.

Don:  I'm afraid that if you are bringing some of those great donuts they may be a bit stale by the time we all get there.  But come to think of it, if they are as good as you let on I doubt that they would make a trip that long anyhow.

George --

The donuts are already gone!

Lorna --

Maybe our two weeks would qualify as numbers 5 and 6......

Writing this from an Ingles (grocery store) parking lot in Blairsville, GA as we wait for a friend to join us for lunch.  After 2 1/2 days on the road, we finally got out of NC!

Ed --

Sorry to hear about your daughter's surgery.  Hope all goes well.

Don and Mary Ann

Back
Top Bottom