2010 QUARTZSITE Rally - Info & Signup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bob- Jane and Bill Berry (on your list for the 15th but revised on this thread) are on the road now and expect to arrive today around 2 pm. We look forward to seeing everyone and have been enjoying the daily news from QZ.

On second thought, the weather doesn't look so good, so we've decided to put off our arrival until Friday.
Jane and Bill Berry

Jane and Bill,

If you arrive in rain, just knock on doors.  We have plans to play Mexican Train in rigs and or do what ever we can to salvage the  poor weather days.  We look forward to seeing you again.  Terry has  planned to  do a  4 wheel ride  on Sunday.

Betty and Terry

Betty, how about a scheduled chat Thurs or Fri in the Virtual Campfire to set something up for a pre-FMCA RV Forum Rally in March?

I've a guest I'm planning on bringing to intro to whatever framily is able to attend.

The VC is always available for anyone anytime if the rain is a "downer" and no one want a progressive lunch tour.  :D

vmax1 said:
whats with this weather here? I just drove 1400 miles to get away from a lousy Calgary winter, maybe I should should start driving to Mazatlan today.

Wait a few hours and the weather will change.  :)

I stowed the tv dish on the roof, thought it was going to rip right off, must be gusting 60 mph, but still have lots of cold beer so everything OK.

Marlene and I are here at the FMCA-INTO Area rally in "downtown" QZ, about 3/4 mile east of US95 at Rose Ranch. Like everyone else, we're getting soaked. Our activity tent this morning was a sea of mud and puddles. After our morning activities we went over to the RV Show and they evacuated the tent just as we arrived because of the high winds. We should be finished up by noon Sunday and will be back at the Forum site Sunday afternoon. Hope a good number are still there.

Well here in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains where we live, the wind is blowing between 25 and 45 mph and raining with a blizzard on Mount Lemon. However, we are grateful for all that moisture. heaven knows we NEED it!

On the other hand, it makes it near impossible to get away from here. Soooooo........that is on hold for now. In the meanwhile we went to see Avatar.

Stay dry and warm there in Quartzsite.

Marie

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localstatealerts/?areaid=AZC012&phenomena=TO&office=KPSR&etn=0001&significance=W&wxlayer=radar&zoom=8&camefrom=national

We decided not to make the trip to Quartzsite,The weather just does not to seem to be getting any better. We were looking so forward to meeting all of you. I hope the next year brings  better weather. All of you please be carefull and have a good time.
                                                      Curt & Brenda Bell

vmax1,

If the wind stops blowing tomorrow, how about bringing your RC plane with camera over to the RV Forum site and take some aerial shots of the group?

Do you need a special place for your plane to take off and land? The road leading into our site is fairly smooth and may meet your planes needs.

In addition, it would also be a chance for you to meet some of the framily.

Richard

brens said:
We decided not to make the trip to Quartzsite,The weather just does not to seem to be getting any better. We were looking so forward to meeting all of you. I hope the next year brings  better weather.

Curt and Brenda,

I am so sorry you will not be able to attend but I understand.  Terry used to live in Cucamonga and I wanted to compare  stories with you. Your posts are so  realistic  to me  and I was hoping we could make an in person connection.  Keep posted and maybe  there will be a Frorum mini rally where we can connect and not have to wait a year!

Betty Brewer

Up here off Plomosa Road we nested all the antennas and broke out the portable DSS secured by 4ea. 30lb rocks. Everyone within view had their slides in... this was by far the most ferocious weather we've been in while camping. As the tail of the storm came through the wind blew so hard that the standing water was scoured up from the ground as you would see feeding a tornado. Luckily that didn't happen, but listening to the scanner, QPD & Fire are clearly overwhelmed with the events of the day. At 9:30 they were still pulling idiots out of the wash that apparently went in to play in the water.

Lucky you guys still in Qz.
  We woke this morning to about 5"-6" of snow and still snowing hard here in Cherry Valley. All snow shovels were left in MT.
  Many trees with broken limbs lying on the ground.
  We'll try to send all this to Qz. for you're enjoyment.
      terry 

Anyone know them, just found my old radio shack scanner out. Flying the RC plane and video the flight sounds good, as soon as wind gets down to about 15mph.

What a crazy time you're all having! Bill and I have been holed up at an RV park in Salome, hoping to get to QZ today...BUT we've decided to keep our rig parked where it is and try for a Jeep trip to QZ for the day on Saturday. We hope everyone is ok there!! Jane and Bill Berry

We will also drive out Saturday morning for the day.

Any way I used the time to get more than 2/3's of the way done with my project to install an sub-panel off the inverter.

ken

Excuses, excuses. . .  ::)

Last Friday, I took my potential new navigator through Tierra Grande after a drive along the foothills of the Manzano Mts. She's a Belen HS grad that's lived in Socorro for many years and no idea what was out there.

Today, after searching for the forum gathering, I found Jim and Pat's coach. Knocked on the door and lo and behold Bob Maxwell answered. After a great meeting, Jim finally emerged and we had a great reunion. I was invited to the potluck dinner on Sat  and hope to meet a bunch of you guys.
Beware- my Chevy van looks like a Border Patrol without the green stripe.
Ernie- on the East side

I saw the van go by our coach but didn't know it was you.  See you this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom