2011 QUARTZSITE Rally - Daily Activity Reports/Photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breeders Cup? Really? Nobody in this group is ever again going to do any breeding---especially those things that are supposed to be horses. I understand why you had so many good laughs during their construction. I'm truly looking forward to the race itself and would like to get the Vegas line on "The Happy Hooker" and "Bling Bling". Could they all possibly finish last?????

Ken, pretty cool, ain't it.  One thing about work camping, if you do a good job and they like you, they want to keep you happy.  They also know you have an ignition key and a map. 

We are going to miss seeing you guys. 

AZ Randy said:
Breeders Cup?  I'm truly looking forward to the race itself and would like to get the Vegas line on "The Happy Hooker" and "Bling Bling". Could they all possibly finish last? ??? ?

I surely hope that Betty is watching Randy's posts with ernest ! Looks to me like a very qualified candidate for `Race Announcer' . Sometimes me thinks he protests too much !

Jim Johnson

wannabfree said:
I surely hope that Betty is watching Randy's posts with ernest ! Looks to me like a very qualified candidate for `Race Announcer' . Sometimes me thinks he protests too much !

Jim Johnson

Dear Jim,

Yes indeedy, I am watching all comments carefully.  Don't forget fellow RVForum participants I still need riders and trainers.  4 each.  See me if you are privately wishing you will be asked to be in the  Derby instead of on the outskirts.
Betty

All,

Russ is resting at comfortably at the hospital (they suggested he stay overnight).  He has his computer so he can answer messages.

K&S

woke short of breath at 4 am.
slight rise of a cardiac enzyme so must stay overnight.

Randy opened his mouth one time too many, suggesting that he would like to ride The Happy Hooker so guess who is now one of the jockies? Careful what you say around here !

Wendy

After Terry said he was taking Russ back, those of us who were going to join Terry on his favorite 4X4 ride, the Ridge, still wanted to go for a ride but decided to keep the Ridge ride open for Terry later this week. Instead we went north and east to the Southern Cross mine, stopping at the WAF memorial and the Bouse Fisherman Intaglio. A nice off road ride into the mountains and a stop for lunch on the old mine building concrete foundation was followed by a hike up to and into the mine. Returning to Plomosa Road some of us continued on to the thriving ??? town of Bouse which has a lovely assay building converted to a visitor center. Unfortunately, it always is closed when I get there.

Sorry I can't post any pictures, I didn't have a camera with, but some of the others did and hopefully they'll post some pictures.

The fire that burned the motorhome on Plomosa Rd was a friend's RV. She is with the WIN's. Her name is Paula. She had filled with propane at the Pit Stop early in the day. The man who filled it had trouble with the fitting. Used some tool to get it too work. Back at Plomosa she was eating dinner in a friend's rig when her's had a explosion. She was only able to save her computer. Lost her purse and all it's contents, and everything else. The WIN's took up a collection to help her.

If anyone has any questions about their camera I am in the old Allegro motorhome. Or if you are interested in going out shooting together just come on down.

Betty did the 12 days of Quartzsite today. It was Great!

Attachments

• 12 days of Quartzsite-1.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-1.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-2.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-2.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-3.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-3.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-4.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-4.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-5.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-5.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-6.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-6.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 80
2nd half of the pics from 12 days of Quartzsite

Attachments

• 12 days of Quartzsite-7.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-7.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-8.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-8.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-9.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-9.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 64
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-10.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-10.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-11.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-11.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 76
  • 12 days of Quartzsite-12.jpg
    12 days of Quartzsite-12.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 62
Ah, I wondered where the the remaining days were. Thanks for the photos Liza.

This is killing me!  I need sound!  I need to be there!  Thanks for the pictures!

Margi

PancakeBill said:
Don't fret, there was video taken, I assume it had audio!
I would love to see/hear that video.  If it can't be posted, could someone give Helaine a copy to bring to me?  I miss you all so much!

Margi

Back
Top Bottom