2013 RVForum Moab ACTIVITIES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... come to find out gpx files are not allowed

What's a GPX track/file? Sounds like a GPS-generated file (?) If I know what they are, maybe I can enable them here.

bajarat said:
This is a screenshot of the cell that hit the campground at 11:30 last night,

Andrea and Gary

It looks like it was targeted right at Moab.  I know I thought I was going to have to chase down our window awnings when it hit.

Thanks for posting that Gary.

Mike.

O.K. Folks.  Apparently the link to the slide show did not work, Soooooooooo go to

www.photodex.com/share/remarabito   

There are five slide shows up there.  "Visions" is the first shown, so click on it and then click on Loop All and it should show nicely on any PC.

Ron

Here are a couple of images taken last night at sunset.

Attachments

• IMG_2274 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2274 (Small).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2297 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2297 (Small).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2318-1 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2318-1 (Small).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2321 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2321 (Small).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3578-1 (Small).jpg
    IMG_3578-1 (Small).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 21
    Ron the show is great, I liked your treatment of the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse/Post Office.

Ed

A few pics from the run today.The young and the old and the beauty of Moab.

Attachments

• Flat Rock 013.JPG
    Flat Rock 013.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Flat Rock 030.JPG
    Flat Rock 030.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Flat Rock 021.JPG
    Flat Rock 021.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Flat Rock 035.JPG
    Flat Rock 035.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 34
Another  fantastic day in Moab.  The Firey Furnace group arrived home with stories to tell but my heroes are  Margaret and Larry who  hiked Delicate Arch right after Firey Furnace! Good going!

Steve was all smiles as he got to do a ride along  with Frank and Barb on a 4 wheel trip.  Wonder if we see a Jeep in his future? Henry got versed on a rolling  10/ 100 but he says in Texas they just call it  " taking a leak."

Ladies  lunch and shopping was a hit as usual  Shirley M treated herself to  a lovely investment treasure of fine turquoise and silver jewelry.

We lost  Phil and Doris as they head back to Salt Lake City in the morning, but we welcomed Corrine as  Bill brought her in late last night! 
Dates for a possible RVForum Moab rally next year were set at May 11-17, 2014. Ardra said she would coordinate attendees again.  I heard many interested in rallies in other  places too.  So just call out a date and set a place and I'll bet someone will come to  that rally too.

Thursday May 16 Awards.

Ardra won for not being able to identify the first stage of the trail on Firey Furnace.

Larry presented his Happy Face to  Gary who finally found the trail and  made smiles on all 13 faces of those on the trail.  He did  mention Margaret for Honorable mention for hiking 2 trails in 1 day.

Randy gave his car to the group of Women so we had a ride to lunch and shopping.  We did tee hee as it was almost out of gas.

This group knows how to laugh. 

Attachments

• IMG_4450.JPG
    IMG_4450.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4451.JPG
    IMG_4451.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4453.JPG
    IMG_4453.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 13
Tom said:
What's a GPX track/file? Sounds like a GPS-generated file (?) If I know what they are, maybe I can enable them here.

yes, it's a "global gps track exchange" file format... usable in many mapping programs and GPS units... alas not in Garmin Nuvi's without some more work though.  The FMCA 4Wheelin' chapter uses *.gpx files extensively to exchange offroad tracks...

i used BackCountryNavigator App to record a track on an android phone on the FF hike today and tried to post it as an attachment for others to use

[quote author=taoshum]yes, it's a "global gps track exchange" file format... usable in many mapping programs and GPS units... [/quote]

Thanks. I've enabled .gpx files as attachments.

Friday May 17, 2013 Activities​

7:15 am  Yes that early!  Bill Negro Canyon hike

9 am off Road  Tiptoe behind Rocks

5:30 pm  Group Dinner at Portal

Anything else you may want to do!

Tom enabled gpx files, Thank You Tom.

#1 is the edited version of the Fiery Furnace hike
#2 is the unedited version.

might help...

Attachments

• fiery furnace.gpx
    60.4 KB · Views: 16
  • first furnace.gpx
    75.9 KB · Views: 3
You're welcome. One minor clarification, I didn't bother to enable .GPX (uppercase). Let me know if I need to enable that also.

Thanks for the Dome Plateau location. Been out to Dewey Bridge many times but didn't know Dome Plateau.

Randy brought "Care Bear" along to play golf today.  Below are some photos from the round.  Care Bear was the winner.  He/she shot an 82.  Randy a 91 so you can see how good that was.  We had great temperatures for the round.

The club aloud us to play a Fivesome.  Care Bear, Randy, Shirley Ron and Jan.

All of us had a great time.

Attachments

• Care Bear with a terrific putting  stroke.JPG
    Care Bear with a terrific putting stroke.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 24
  • How come the ball is still there.JPG
    How come the ball is still there.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Jan hung the moon.JPG
    Jan hung the moon.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Randy letting loose.JPG