2021 Quartzite and KOFA Rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utclmjmpr said:
Betty,, If your coach melts when wet your in trouble,, it's been raining here as well..>>>Dan in Yuma until tomorrow, then Quartzsite.. 8)

No Dan, It won't melt but  just having had it washed and waxed we like to keep it somewhat clean for a  bit.  You know what rainy roads do to your rig.  We've survived blizzards living inside  so no wet won't bother. Just want my money's worth out  of a wash. Rain nicely washed the Jeep tires and wheels. Sorry to miss you guys this year.

Kind of quiet here now. The rain has stopped for a while at least, and we have blue skies with gorgeous puffy clouds. I have totally abandoned all hope of a clean coach, so I am actually enjoying the rain. There are three of us left - Bill Dane and us. Quiet. I got a lot of sewing done! With Kevin?s magic fire starters (and a propane torch LOL!), we should still be able to have a fire tonight.

(I originally posted Linda was still here, but she slipped off while I was sewing.)

I guess you guys aren't up for a "Survivor" fire starting contest.

We enjoyed the Q!  Thanks to all who helped out in little ways here and there.  We pretty much got our shopping list done, but missed the stoat the crash and dent grocery store.  Careful there sometimes the dented stuff is more there than at the grocery.  They have had new to us varieties of things over the years we have tried and liked. 

See you all and maybe more next January!

We got over to White Tank Municipal Park nice site, great view.  Tomorrow very short drive down to Cotton Lane RV where we spent a winter.  Maybe see some old neighbors, not sure, but nice and close to some good stores. 

Safe travels to all.

Bill & Jo with Chancey the lucky dog.
Ridin in the Queen!

What are dates for Q this year, guessing we missed it... I want one of those mat.. rugs from that place in Florida, someone said they are usually there, shipping was horrific last time I checked.... you know the mats that don't blow away with a little rain... thanks

UTTransplant said:
(I originally posted Linda was still here, but she slipped off while I was sewing.)

Sorry 'bout that Pam.  I was running behind my self-imposed schedule to get down to KOFA and set-up for the weather on Monday as I will be gone most of that day for a drive to Phoenix and dental work.  Hopefully, I'll see you again yet this year.  Glad you were sewing.  I have yet to get around to my plans for doing that while at Q this year. 

I so much enjoyed meeting some new folks, and seeing old friends.  Loved the geocaching with Bill Dane, especially when he navigated us up the dirt roads and gullies to the hills and views around Dome Rock.  Some new and very nice scenery up that way that I need to get back to and hike some. Kevin's fires were really nice.  And thnx Pancake Bill for help with the charging situation.  You won't believe this, but the batts charged from the truck normally yesterday on my drive to KOFA.  Definite questions for the next Ford dealer that does an oil change.

I'll be back at Tyson Wash as long as there is still someone around in the rally area. Don't know exactly when I'll leave KOFA however and head back north.  I'll be hanging around Q till at least Feb. 20, but would opt for one of the freebie areas if no one is at Tyson Wash.  I don't plan on using the BLM facilities for tank emptying or water - I deplore their set-up, and will go elsewhere. 

Hoping next year will see more folks return and some new folks too -- all healthy and happy!

Linda

[quote author=tanglemoose]What are dates for Q this year, guessing we missed it...[/quote]
Here you go:

https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/attendee-info

Scroll down to see dates for 2022, 2023, 2024.

Dreamsend said:
Sorry 'bout that Pam.  I was running behind my self-imposed schedule to get down to KOFA and set-up for the weather on Monday as I will be gone most of that day for a drive to Phoenix and dental work.  Hopefully, I'll see you again yet this year.  Glad you were sewing.  I have yet to get around to my plans for doing that while at Q this year. 

I so much enjoyed meeting some new folks, and seeing old friends.  Loved the geocaching with Bill Dane, especially when he navigated us up the dirt roads and gullies to the hills and views around Dome Rock.  Some new and very nice scenery up that way that I need to get back to and hike some. Kevin's fires were really nice.  And thnx Pancake Bill for help with the charging situation.  You won't believe this, but the batts charged from the truck normally yesterday on my drive to KOFA.  Definite questions for the next Ford dealer that does an oil change.

I'll be back at Tyson Wash as long as there is still someone around in the rally area. Don't know exactly when I'll leave KOFA however and head back north.  I'll be hanging around Q till at least Feb. 20, but would opt for one of the freebie areas if no one is at Tyson Wash.  I don't plan on using the BLM facilities for tank emptying or water - I deplore their set-up, and will go elsewhere. 

Hoping next year will see more folks return and some new folks too -- all healthy and happy!

Linda

When geocaching, did you get onto the north side of the freeway?  There's a cool cache out there that has a view of a mountain sheep "intaglio" that someone made out of all quartz stone.  The cache is called "A Horse is a Horse" on the geocaching app.

Back
Top Bottom