303 or similar on auto.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why?  What you want is a car "wax", which these days is a synthetic protectant rather than old-fashioned wax. 303 is designed for rubber and rubber-like materials, not paint or fiberglass.

I have seen folks use ProtectAll and other products on their RVs.  Just wondering if it would be good for a car also.

In my experience 303 leave a smear film on the paint when it accidentally gets sprayed on. There are many spray and wipe waxes if you want to go that way.

Ken

All good info here. I would add that per the instructions on 303, it should be re applied every 5-weeks if I recall correctly, not sure I would want to invest that much time.  Also it will remove any wax or some sealants you may already have on the vehicle.  A good carnuba wax properly applied should last 3-6 months depending on conditions etc. A good sealant should last between 6 & 9 months.  I have applied on my truck a product called CQuartz UK which is one of the fairly new "permanent" sealants on the market.  The good is while they are referred to as "permanent" they are warranted in the neighborhood of 2 years before re application is needed, they are very good at resisting most grime and contaminants so you can get away with less washing, and resist some minor scratching.  The bad is it is not cheap, it cost me $60.00 for a 50 ML bottle which was enough to cover my 1-ton CC dually, because it is considered a permanent sealant meticulous prep work is essential otherwise it seal any dirt and defects in.  It was worth it to me not to have to do it every 3-9 months considering the amount of real estate on these large trucks.

bucks2 said:
In my experience 303 leave a smear film on the paint when it accidentally gets sprayed on. There are many spray and wipe waxes if you want to go that way.

Ken

True enough on 303 leaving smears.  The spray and wipe waxes are really only meant for a maintenance wax in between a thorough wax or sealant application and not as a stand alone product, unless you plan to do it every 2 to 4 weeks.

I use ProtectAll once a year on coach and car. Works for me.

Real carnuba wax is great for longevity, but way too much rubbing, even with a buffer. However, most of the products that have "carnuba wax" on the label have just enough to make it legal to make the advertising claim. Few people are willing to do the grunt work that even a modest concentration of carnuba requires. That stuff is tough!

I have been using the WashWaxAll and been very pleased with the results. I don't care for the mop too much but using micro fiber rags it is great. Also claims to have UV protection.

303 is not the same product as Protectall.  The OP started out asking about 303.

I mentioned 303 but was also interested in ProtectAll.  I thought they were similar products just different brands.

Not much alike except both provide a form of surface protection. 303 is basically a UV (ultraviolet light) inhibitor, while ProtectAll is a cleaner/polish and pseudo-wax surface protector. 303 has a matte finish and is intended mostly for protecting semi-porous rubber and vinyl materials that are susceptible to UV. ProtectAll is primarily a clean & shine product that leaves a protective film to help shed dirt. Works best on non-porous surfaces, e.g. paint, metal, porcelain, corian, etc.

Yeah, 303 advertises that it protects any surface and even mentions that it is safe for vehicle paint and even internal engine parts. But being "safe" doesn't mean it is effective or helpful - just means it won't damage it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom