3month Backlog for Shipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Thanks Dave and Leo. I've replayed the responses in my mind several times over the last day or so and just keep shaking my head. Increased net exports are obviously a good thing but, is it conceivable that we might be losing trade due to the long shipping delays?

Depending on the type of industry.......many are so busy that they are running 24 hour shifts 6 days a week.  Just to get something fired in a foundry, lead times are 12-16 weeks.  The wind turbine generator rebuild shops I use are buried in work if they are any good.  I cant get my hands on some bearings without 18 month lead times (made in the USA).  High voltage parts that contain any kind of copper, rubber casing, or aluminum, 4-6 months.

Most of the parts I am waiting on, I am waiting my turn to build that part as factorys and foundarys are booked that far in advance as they run other types of parts that are slated for export(mostly to China) and manufacturing this part to go into that part for domestic use. .......then all the boats are going to China and filled with China made goods coming here and everywhere else.  Once the boat gets China made goods that go to Europe, then the boat can load European commodities and bring those to the US and load for another vicisous circle.  There are certain ship lines that just go between Canada and the US,  Those shipments are probably not as delayed as the the ships that cross the big pond.

Back
Top Bottom