4th Annual New Year's Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim,

There are so many people who just do not appreciate the merits of Spam! :) :) Maybe we can get Applebees  restaurant in Bozeman to add it to their menu. ;D Pat makes it with a mayonaise and pickle mixture that's really good.

Spam is great just fried by itself, it doesn't need diluting with all that other stuff.  Of course, a bit of BBQ sauce gives it a little zest.

Now everybody think of the spam song from Monty Python and try to get THAT out of your head today :)

Jeff,

There are currently 7 sites open in B. Only 1 on the south side of B. The host said quite a few  will be leaving today. The host does not think there will be an issue for the next couple of days.

ken

Ned said:
Spam is great just fried by itself, it doesn't need diluting with all that other stuff.  Of course, a bit of BBQ sauce gives it a little zest.

Now everybody think of the spam song from Monty Python and try to get THAT out of your head today :)

Agreed, but the other stuff is nice too for a change.  Then you can bake it with small potatos with a little chili sauce on the Spam.  I need to get the Spam cook book when we are in Austin.

Happy to hear there will be sites available, as the weatherman/woman is saying it will be cold  :mad:.
Is there a meeting hall there ?  do they allow fires  ;D( to keep warm ) does someone have an MH that can hold 20 people and still allow us to move a bit  ;D, like get a refill for our drink.
Should I bring firewood, heat tape for the waterline or just stick to scotch so I wont' freeze.
Please no SPAM 
Howard

Foxysdad said:
Is there a meeting hall there ?  do they allow fires  ;D( to keep warm ) does someone have an MH that can hold 20 people and still allow us to move a bit  Should I bring firewood, heat tape for the waterline or just stick to scotch so I wont' freeze.

Howard,
There are bar b que grills but no campfires.  No meeting hall, bring chairs for the circle. I don't think you will need heat tape but I tend to think positive.  We will do New Year's in 2 coaches and  flip back and forth. 
Betty

Howard,

The weather forecast for the end of the week has turned nasty.
Weds Hi 58,  60% chance of rain
Thurs 49,  50% chance of rain
Friday 43,  sunny

Lows Thurs and Friday are in the twenties. This is pretty much the weather we had last year. No heat tape needed, but most of us will put water in the tanks and just use the pump for a few days.

Of course the weather could change again.

We will still manage to have a good time, but it does tend to shorten the afternoon "happyhour"

ken

What a group.
Terry and Betty arrived around noon today, Sue and Jeff Cousins arrived around 2pm.  Lou Schneider rolled in aound 4:30. We all lucked out and got spots from  folks who had just left.  A very happy hour was held starting at  3 and  our organized Sheila told us about the local movie schedule.  We will go to Sweet Tomatoes and the Ranger led tour through Saguro National park on 12/30. It's mandatory!  I just love Sheila and her organization.

We still  have more friends to arrive! Where are you?
No photos.  It is getting colder and colder in evenings so I had  my hands bundled up and no photos!
Betty

We will do New Year's in 2 coaches and  flip back and forth.

Betty, I want to see the two coaches flip back and forth!  ;D :D :eek:  Maybe it would be better to say you'll be going back and forth between coaches??  Nah.  I like the flipping coaches better!  ::)

Have fun everyone!  And Happy New Year to all.

ArdraF

We enjoyed Saguarro NP just before we were at your place.  Will the Desert Museum be part of it as well?  Loved that place. 

Dan and I will arrive tomorrow in the afternoon.  Hope to leave Chandler around noon.  Are there spaces available and how do we find you. 

Jennifer

The  group is in Loop B.  Ken and Sheila are in the middle row with a sign in their Monaco Camelot window.  Terry  and Betty are in the Country Coach right beside the restroom /shower facilities.  The group is a bit spread out but just find a space, walk the  roads and you will find us.  Happy hour at 3.

Betty

Bill,

We tried the Desert Museum a couple of years ago, but due to the holiday week it was VERY crowded. Just not a good week for the Museum.

But it is a great place to visit and I would encourage anyone to go there, just maybe not his week unless you enjoy looking over other people to see the more popular exhibits.

ken

The number of new RVForum arrivals today filled Loop B.  Arriving  today were Chuck and Marie, Barb and Frank, Jennifer and Dan, Don and
Peg and George.  If others came in and I did not mention you, sorry. 

Plans for Wed are to eat lunch at In & Out and Go see a movie.  Happy hour was fun but once again it gets cold in afternoon so we don't stay out very long. Ken and Ann worked all day. Ray said he worked  on the phone today.  The Cousins shopped/purchased  in Tubac and most of the rest of us just kicked back and visited all day. 

Betty

rained all day at HT's; TV weather says Tucson will get snow tonight as this thing moves east.  water was 6" deep on Bell Rd today in a few places.  Flag probably got 12" of snow with another wave coming from LA following the jet stream which is headed for Central Mx.

We were staying in Tucson one year when they had snow there, but we were in Phoenix for the day and missed it.

It was very windy overnight.
Temperature has drop 6 degrees since we got up and is supposed to dropped a little all day. Estimated lows tonight around 27 with 30% chance of precipitation - ie. snow.
Sunny tomorrow but still cold (high 48).

ken

Back
Top Bottom