7 ukulele rehearsals to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom - I made an amazing discovery while practicing the drums this morning. I have had trouble ever since I got this set doing fast single stroke rolls on the two high tom toms. I don't have that problem with my snare or my side tom and it dawned on me maybe I had the upper toms set wrong. They were at about a 45 degree angle cause the look cool that way. I changed them to being parallel to the floor like my snare and side tom and viola, I stopped having problems. Now I have to disassemble most of the set and redo everything to make it work better. I have all the wires velcroed to the frame and now they are too long or to short. But that sure makes me a happy man to figure that out, it was driving me crazy.

A mutual friend of our Music director is both a singer and drummer. He has his own "Sinatra" show, sings in the mixed choral group, and occasionally plays drums for them. Our MD mentioned that the drummer takes "a long time" to set up his drums the way he wants them before a performance.

Next time I'm in a Guitar Center salivating over a set of Roland drum pads, I'll play around with a regular drum set to have a better appreciation of what you just experienced.

It is so weird that now it is so obvious what my problem was but it still took me a year and a half to figure it out. I may be old but I am slow.

We're down to 5 rehearsals, and the final playlist is locked down. Minor tweaks to the lead sheets (hopefully the last) published today.

Attachments

• Xmas2019Playlist.jpg
    Xmas2019Playlist.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 7
With 5 weeks to go, this concert is sold out. Additional ticket requests have prompted consideration of a matinee performance earlier the same day.

Well Tom here is the video I promised a while ago. I have finally decided I will never get it perfect or even close to perfect. The timing is too crazy. As a drummer I want everything to be on the beat and nothing is on the beat in this song. Love To You by the Beatles from Revolver. Actually it is not the Beatles, it is George and a bunch of his Indian friends. Lovely song. Impossible for me to play accurately. Have a good laugh. This is as close as I will get to owning a sitar.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Ua29QkXEpYEbVt6A

Thanks Tom. I see what you mean about nothing being on the beat.

[quote author=Tom] Additional ticket requests have prompted consideration of a matinee performance earlier the same day.
[/quote]
Matinee same day as concert is confirmed. Ticket requests just keep coming.

It's official, and Jolly Ukulele Christmas matinee tickets are on sale.

Attachments

• Matinee.jpg
    Matinee.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiairemy
Back
Top Bottom