84 Winnebago 6.2L Engine Temp - Hood air vents?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racoonfrenzy

I just finished remodeling and rebuilding the motor on this RV. It's perfectly content going 62-63mph all day long, up and down hills on days above 90 degrees. Cool nights you can push it as hard as you want get it to 80mph and cruise with no issues.

Hot days though, I can watch the coolant gauge climb towards 3/4 of the way, at around 70-75mph. But with the hood off there is no issues with that. I'm not sure why they covered 60% of the radiator with the hood..

I'm running 50/50 collant, & water wetter.

Has anyone put air vents into the hood with just mesh behind them, with any success? I'm curious is this is a common thing.

Not sure what your hurry is but I think if you maintain 60 to 63, like you say, the temps will be ok.
Slow down enjoy the view and maybe even some savings in fuel costs.

Yes it has a brand new water pump, blow headgasket from the failed pump was the reason for the rebuild. Heat seems to be a common issue with these, they weren't really built for speed.. but it baffles me was to why they covered the radiator.. If you look at the picture I attached you can see in red where the radiator is and blue where it is covered by the hood.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back