Antique Motor Home Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiefM

I was looking thru the Cragslist ads in Tallahassee Fl. as I was day dreaming of my next new to me DP coach and came upon this,  http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/rvs/2842481675.html Handymans special but totally awesome. I am not associated with this person in anyway just wanted to share, or someone here might be interested in it or know a friend that might be.

Attachments

• IH motorhome.jpg
    IH motorhome.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IH 2.jpg
    IH 2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 170
And I think that is a 55 or 56 Ford sitting next to it.

But wouldn't that be something?  I will not show it to my husband. ;)

I have been watching all the work you did on the last MH and this one too, you need another project like I need one.  :D I like old vehicles. They just do not make the stuff to last anymore. I do have to say that cars are getting alot better than they use to be. Keep up the great work on your MH, I am impressed with your work. Can't wait to get done with this  Army deployment and get home and working on mine.

The chrome looked like our 55 Ford Fairlane dad had, didn't realize the Edsel was like that too.  The roofline is different, it looks more square in the picture, the Fairlane had a more slopped one.

Well at least I said Ford!

That photo kind of goes full circle as it is an IH , and now IH which is now Navistar has taken over Monaco and is again building motor homes.Hope they last as long as that one.

I wonder if it belonged to Carnival people.  When I was really little, would have been late 50's about, my Dad took me to see some "clients" who had a "house on wheels".  Daddy was the insurance man in town and he was doing the safety inspection for the carnival folk coming to town.  He was meeting with the advance man and to plan where electric cables could be laid and what fire safety plans they had to make.  I was probably about 4 or 5 years old and excited to see people that carried their house with them, just like turtles and snails do! ;D

Back
Top Bottom