Any American Idol fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe that also explains how Paula judged a song that hadn't yet been sung last week  ;D

Well Dreads is dead.  To the season anyway.  Sayesha has been in the bottom 3 and 2 more than anyone else I think, and this coming week I don't see how she will survive.  Will bring it to a Davids showdown. 

I think for a chance for a solid career it ought to be DC.  He has more of a presence on stage than little David.  I think little David will have a career as well, but I don't see him as a pop star, more likely something toned down a bit more. 

Agreed Bill. I wonder if Sayesha will go on to a Broadway career.

Good riddance to dreadlocks They didn't even let him finisih his terrible effort at the parting song.

Well after reading this thread and having so many people ask me about American Idol,  I  tuned in this past Tuesday and Wednesday.  I can now associate faces with names.  Dread locks was not my favorite even with "nice eyes."  I do feel as if I've arrived at the middle or end of the movie.  I did not enjoy the singing nor judging aspect nearly as much as I enjoy the Dancers on Dancing with the Stars. Terry likes the girls costumes or lack there of.

I'm going to keep tuning in on TIVO and will decide later if I am hooked or not.

Betty

Betty,

Unfortunately, so many talented people have been voted off due the kids' popularity contest voting.

I picked David A (the young kid) as a potential finalist when I first saw/heard him. All 3 remaining have good singing talent in their respective genres, but seem to have a tough time crossing over to other genres.

There are some sensible people voting.  Margi, agree FINALLY.

David A is getting a kings welcome to Utah today by the state, his city Murray and his High School.  Its supposed to be an all evening shindig.  They are showing on news that there are kids flying in from all over the US to see him and attend this shindig.  Good grief it surprises me that parents would fly or drive their kids to Utah for this.    My goodness glad I am not there.  LOL  He is a good singer I have to admit.    He kinda acts too dumb or like he has led a sheltered life and has a bit of a childish nature.  Im sure we could probably thank his dad for that.  People who know the family say his dad is a real jerk and wont let the kid do anything without him holding his hand.  We shall see what the next two weeks bring.

Sayesha got a queens reception in Sarasota.  Tomorrow night, we see the final 2.  I would be surprised if Sayesha gets in to that group. 

I'm glad nobody spoiled it for us. We were out of range of our local channels and missed Tuesday's show. We have the series set to record on DVR at the house, so we got caught up when we arrived home last evening. As we were watching the recording of Tuesday's show, last night's show was airing (and recording).

No surprises, we're left with David and David. Although I've been an Archuleta fan since I first saw him, Cook was far better and will probably win the competition. He did a great job with the curve that he was thrown on Tuesday. Interesting story that he didn't originally apply to be in the competition, and went along to the audition as moral support for his brother.

Still don't like David A and would rather see David C win but no rocker has ever won AI.

Wendy

David C might be better off coming in 2nd......they seem to do better than the winners.

BTW, I didn't like Fantasia, either, and after hearing her sing again last night, I still don't like her. David A vs. Fantasia, I'd vote for David A.

Wendy

wendycoke said:
Still don't like David A and would rather see David C win but no rocker has ever won AI.

Wendy

Gee, Wendy, how can you not like a guy from Salt Lake City?  ;D

Phil

Wendy

I agree with you about Fantasia.  Was sorry to see Sayesha go but then they can't all be winners.  I like both Davids so it doesn't matter to me.  Sayesha will do ok for herself without taking first or second.  She didn't seem to upset about leaving so maybe she already has something lined up.

Lorna said:
I like both Davids so it doesn't matter to me.  Sayesha will do ok for herself without taking first or second.  She didn't seem to upset about leaving so maybe she already has something lined up.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Lorna.  :D  And utmtman's comments that people considered David A.'s father to be a jerk were certainly prophetic, as the father is now banned from being backstage.  I wonder if the father's interference, and the resultant publicity, might cost his son the win?  If the father is as overbearing as he appears to be, that might explain the sense of hesitancy or childishness I sensed in the son.

I'm beginning to feel David C. has it in the bag.  And, that's OK with me.  ;)

Margi

I'm beginning to feel sorry for David A. Can you imagine having your father (overbearing stage father or not) publicly slammed and bad-mouthed on TV and on the internet? Even if you don't like him, that's your Dad. I sure wouldn't want to hear people nationwide saying nasty things about my Dad.

Wendy
in rainy Cortez

wendycoke said:
Can you imagine having your father (overbearing stage father or not) publicly slammed and bad-mouthed on TV and on the internet? Even if you don't like him, that's your Dad. I sure wouldn't want to hear people nationwide saying nasty things about my Dad.

I'm with you there... and we don't even really know the truth of that matter.  Just what the media slant has reported, based on gossip magazine sources.  When they couldn't find any "dirt" on David A., they had to find something negative to report.  :p

In any event I was sad to see Sayesha go, but you are right that she took the news pretty well!  She definitely has pop album potential with real talent, reminds me of a young Whitney Houston.

Well from what they have said here in Utah, Daves dad changed the lyrics on one of the songs.  That is a no no.  It cost american idol extra because of the legalities in it.  They also say that since his dad is a musician he should not have been helping Dave anyway since none of the others have professional musicians helping them.  And from what I understand also that is why dave did so badly in his last performance it was the first he had to pick for himself it was not picked by his dad.  They also are saying that win or lose dave is putting on another performance in Utah next month and tickets go on sale tomorrow.  People are sleeping out on the grounds at the ticket locations to try and be the first to get tickets.  Its crazy.

David Cook!  Figured that from last night, and I thin it is correct.  David A is a great singer, but not the one to finish first.  Doesn't have the stage presence of DC. 

Great season, the first we actually watched all the way thru.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom