Any Google experts here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mweber (KC9NPT)

Just developed a problem with my Google maps bookmark in Firefox on Windows 11. For some reason a gps coordinate has attached itself causing maps to think I'm always in OK city (Google Maps). What I need to do is delete everything starting at the @ sign. Every time I do the delete it magically reappears. I've tried deleting every cache I can think of, both Google and Firefox.

Just developed a problem with my Google maps bookmark in Firefox on Windows 11. For some reason a gps coordinate has attached itself causing maps to think I'm always in OK city (Google Maps). What I need to do is delete everything starting at the @ sign. Every time I do the delete it magically reappears. I've tried deleting every cache I can think of, both Google and Firefox.
If it is a boookarmk right click on it and choose EDIT and simply delete the GPS part .

Or go to google maps (The basic map) delete the bookmark and re-CTRL-D it.

(I like the bookmark edit better)

This is an example of the bookmark you havea
Note that's not where I am I edited the lat/long
This is what you need to back it down to
Just choose Edit. and then highlight the /@location and hit "Delete" and save

Do you have a VPN installed? When my VPN is turned on, Maps goes to that city I am 'hiding' at. Part of the Google tracking feature.

Try a different browser to test. If it works fine with a different browser the issue would point to Firefox and you could troubleshoot it.

Back
Top Bottom