Any Reason Not to Install longer pigtails from tanks to RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlshunter

It's always been a knuckle skinner to get my 7 gallon tanks into and out of the compartment, let alone get the damn things connected!  Now that I have lost an altercation ( one-sided, I only get around to cusing at it and then myself) with my tablesaw and have less than optimal strength and dexterity in my left index finger.  I want to use longer lines to facilitate at least get the tanks connected to the RV before heaving them into the always too small compartment door.  Assuming I take the necessary measures to detect leaks,  Is there any technical reason why I should not do this?

Assuming that they are good quality hoses, then none that I can think of. The gas will get to the regulator and then to the appliance regardless of the extra length of hose.

SargeW said:
Assuming that they are good quality hoses, then none that I can think of. The gas will get to the regulator and then to the appliance regardless of the extra length of hose.

X2.

Two FW's ago I installed two 24" hoses from the tanks, to the regulator. That way I could position the tanks where I wanted them.. instead of the almost Impossible position the maker had them.

Worked Great. :)

Think of it in terms of the extension hoses and connections we can use for a external BBQ ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinapple
Back
Top Bottom