Approved Quarantine Plan for Canadian trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bp0ty4us

We are planning to visit Canada this summer for approximately 3 weeks. We understand that even as fully vaccinated travelers, we are required to have a 14 day quarantine plan that has to be approved at time of entry. We plan to stay at 11 different campgrounds during our visit, starting in Sussex, NB and finishing at Thunder Bay, ON. Has anyone out there recently had experience with this and if so, what acceptable plan can be used when travelling in an RV?

Well I'm a pretty simple guy, 21 day trip plan, minus 14 day quarantine only leaves you 7 days in country.

Better go check the regulations. Fully vaccinated travelers don’t need quarantine plans.

”You must be prepared to quarantine when entering Canada as you could be required to quarantine for 14 days if you don’t meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller.”

As a follow up I just received this as I crossed the border a couple of days.

IF YOU:

Were randomly selected to complete COVID-19 molecular testing;
THEN, YOU MUST:

complete the DAY 1 test within 24 hours of entering Canada;
for the 14 days after you entered Canada, monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19; and
maintain a list of the names and contact information of every person you have come into close contact with during the 14-day period AND all of the places you have been
IF YOU:

Were NOT randomly selected to complete COVID-19 molecular testing
THEN, YOU MUST:

for the 14 days after you entered Canada, monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19; and
maintain a list of the names and contact information of every person you have come into close contact with during the 14-day period AND all of the places you have been

Since both of my wife's parents come from the Sussex area, and since it not really deemed to be a "tourist" hot spot, enquiring minds ask why you are using this as your first spot to set up? St Martins, Fundy National Park are nearby and are much more touristy.

Ed

That's the way I read it. My question is whether there's a plan that fits travelling in our RV, staying intermittently between 1 and 4 nites at each of the campgrounds we have reserved. My concern is having to wait until we are crossing the border to find out if our "plan" is viable or not.
I read the document, and it really depends whether you fit the criteria for fully vaccinated travellers or not. If you do, the only thing that you need to follow, according to the guidance, is to wear a mask for 14 days after arrival, when you are in public places (both indoors and outdoors).

Since both of my wife's parents come from the Sussex area, and since it not really deemed to be a "tourist" hot spot, enquiring minds ask why you are using this as your first spot to set up? St Martins, Fundy National Park are nearby and are much more touristy.

Ed
Sussex is a stop-over both on the way to and return from North Sydney/Cabot Trail in NS where we will be for several nites. Our trip originates in central California so it's always a balancing act between how long it takes to get somewhere and then how long we can stay.

Who is "watching". And the mask thing is "in close contact" and you need to keep a list of those close contacts. As far as a any "plan" - plans and reality can be miles apart. Make a plan (route) for where you are going and your planned stops. Who the heck is going to know if it differs?
Don't think it's any different than in the state - "quarantine"? who is watching? We are talking land crossings- correct?

I read the document, and it really depends whether you fit the criteria for fully vaccinated travellers or not. If you do, the only thing that you need to follow, according to the guidance, is to wear a mask for 14 days after arrival, when you are in public places (both indoors and outdoors).
Thanks for reviewing the document. We meet the criteria as they stand today, so I guess we will just need to keep up-to-date on that definition.

Who is "watching". And the mask thing is "in close contact" and you need to keep a list of those close contacts. As far as a any "plan" - plans and reality can be miles apart. Make a plan (route) for where you are going and your planned stops. Who the heck is going to know if it differs?
Don't think it's any different than in the state - "quarantine"? who is watching? We are talking land crossings- correct?
Yes, land crossings only. Obviously, we have a detailed plan for our travels, so I like the approach you describe. I can probably sprinkle in generalizations like social distancing and curbside pickup or delivery of groceries where available to minimize contact.

Crossed the border into British Columbia yesterday. Only asked the usual questions about firearms, tobacco, alcohol, destination and duration of our visit. After asking about our vaccination status, nothing was said about quarantine plans or wearing a mask.

Thankyou for letting us know your actual experience! We will be entering NB, but will hope and expect their focus is similar.

We crossed into Ontario from our hometown this AM and returned just a few minutes ago. Had no problems and it felt exactly like it did pre-covid, both directions. There were absolutely no questions relative to Covid or vaccinations. We did fill out the Arrive Canada stuff - maybe they have a connection there.

Additionally, traffic going by our place on the highway (a major route to/from Ontario) is similar to the way it was 3 years ago. More than 50% of the traffic is Canadian.

I did read somewhere, many months ago, that an RV or trailer was not an acceptable location to quarantine in. So you may want to do more research on that and not rely on it as your "plan".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom